Interpretation of Lab Values Used in Clinical Optometric Practice (55990-PD)

AdminWolf

Site Administrator & Tech Lead
Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
cewire2018-logo-outline-300-1.png

50 COPE-Approved Credits
, Online Through May 1st!
Virtual Exhibit Hall, with deep vendor discounts. Join us!
Register Here

Interpretation of Lab Values Used in Clinical Practice a combined prospective from an Optometrist and Cardiologist (55990-PD, 2 hours)

Watch the entire presentation & earn COPE credit at CEwire2018!

Interview: Drs. Gelb and Gold talk to us about how ODs can collaborate with other healthcare professionals, and why ODs should perform lab testing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kerry Gelb
Thanks again to Drs. Gelb and Gold for giving us the presentation - it was really informative (and timely!)

View attachment 17508

50 COPE-Approved Credits
, Online Through May 1st!
Virtual Exhibit Hall, with deep vendor discounts. Join us!
Register Here

Interpretation of Lab Values Used in Clinical Practice a combined prospective from an Optometrist and Cardiologist (55990-PD, 2 hours)

Watch the entire presentation & earn COPE credit at CEwire2018!

Interview: Drs. Gelb and Gold talk to us about how ODs can collaborate with other healthcare professionals, and why ODs should perform lab testing.

Thanks for posting I'm available if you have questions, enjoy our presentation.

Thanks again, Kerry! The big takeaways I got from the lecture was that folks shouldn't be afraid to dive in and start doing lab testing -- it isn't that hard, promotes efficiency, and every community usually has a Quest or someplace similar that wants their business!

Enjoyed the lecture. Two quick questions.

I have a 39 yo health WF (as far as I know) that has had increased far peripheral MAs (on Optos) over the past year. Noticed 3-4 last year and probably 8-10 this year. CBC c diff, HbA1c and CMP were normal. I had assumed it was probably auto-immune but would you recommend checking the insulin and homocysteine?

Secondly, I'm curious how you advise the pre-diabetics you find. You mentioned whole foods and cutting carbs but anything else? What supplements do you recommend all patients take?

Thanks.

Enjoyed the lecture. Two quick questions.

I have a 39 yo health WF (as far as I know) that has had increased far peripheral MAs (on Optos) over the past year. Noticed 3-4 last year and probably 8-10 this year. CBC c diff, HbA1c and CMP were normal. I had assumed it was probably auto-immune but would you recommend checking the insulin and homocysteine?

Secondly, I'm curious how you advise the pre-diabetics you find. You mentioned whole foods and cutting carbs but anything else? What supplements do you recommend all patients take?

Thanks.
Ty.... Yes check fasting and 2 hr insulin, retest-FBS and 2hr GTT, Homocysteine, Lp(a), Fibrinogen, hs-crp.
For you second question....Please see the 10 point plan below.

ALL1123_Diabetes_Sheet_2-1.jpg

ALL1123_Diabetes_Sheet_2-2.jpg