Lester Silverman dies while on vacation - Easy Reader

Should always talk to the locals, or lifeguards if there are any, before going into unfamiliar ocean waters. Even if you're a strong swimmer.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Les was well known around here, practices not far from me. A couple of nearby docs are covering his office for him. His wife was here, not with him, and had the wonderful task of flying to Jamaica to retriever him back to the US. Seems the ocean is an awfully dangerous place.

Very sad news. I've been caught in a couple of rip tides and it was freaky scary. Best to let it take you out without fighting the current and swim parallel to the beach until free from the rip tide.

Seems the ocean is an awfully dangerous place.
...In ceaseless motion comes and goes the tide
Flowing it fills the channel broad and wide
Then back to sea with strong majestic sweep
It rolls in ebb yet terrible and deep.

Britten, B., and Slater, M. Peter Grimes (1945). Act III, Scene 2.

Reactions: Andrew Gore
...In ceaseless motion comes and goes the tide
Flowing it fills the channel broad and wide
Then back to sea with strong majestic sweep
It rolls in ebb yet terrible and deep.

Britten, B., and Slater, M. Peter Grimes (1945). Act III, Scene 2.
I jumped off a boat into the ocean off the coast of Oahu last summer to see the tortoises in their natural environment. I saw one or two, and my goal then quickly turned to getting my almost 60-yo poor-swimming butt back to the boat alive, where I sat and drank two mai tai's (which I'm much better at) and watched others half my age swim around to see more tortoises.

Very sad news. I've been caught in a couple of rip tides and it was freaky scary. Best to let it take you out without fighting the current and swim parallel to the beach until free from the rip tide.
True dat. But THE most important thing to do, and the hardest, MAKE YOURSELF STAY CALM. Freaking out puts the heart in an a-fib state. If you can't stop that, you die.

Les was well known around here, practices not far from me. A couple of nearby docs are covering his office for him. His wife was here, not with him, and had the wonderful task of flying to Jamaica to retriever him back to the US. Seems the ocean is an awfully dangerous place.
I grew up on the ocean and love it dearly, but you must keep a healthy respect with some fear for what it can do.

Exactly. You will loose when you fight the ocean.