City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Leverage the 1-Day Trend by Prescribing Oxygen
How to grow your practice with the 1-day modality

Dr. Roxanne Achong-Coan, Dr. Steve J. Diamanti, and Dan Roth

Watch Now:

The 1-day modality is the fastest growing segment in the contact lens market.

And as patients look to upgrade, they are expecting at least the same or preferably better health and visual performance as they are currently receiving with either their silicon hydrogel frequent replacement or hydrogel 1-day lenses.

Learn how by prescribing oxygen, you can provide the best available options to your patients to keep them coming back, and grow your practice at the same time.

Some of the topics we'll cover during the talk include:

• The state of the contact lens market in the US, and trends in the marketplace.

• How to take advantage of the largest and fastest growing opportunity for optometry – the 1-day modality

• How to leverage the breadth and depth of the latest 1-Day product offering to help address nearly any patient’s need

• Why prescribing oxygen is the healthier alternative for your patients

• How Smart Silicone® advanced chemistry can put your patients in the best available option

Last edited:
If the manufactures want to put silicone in a daily disposable, and in the process increase the oxygen to a level appropriate for overnight wear, then I think they need to change the labeling. Why not a "single use lens" that can be worn continuously up to 48 or 72 hours instead of a "daily disposable" that is supposed to be removed for sleeping? This modality would be useful, and I believe desirable for weekenders or people who are going to sleep in a lens anyway.

Reactions: Scott Blahnik
If the manufactures want to put silicone in a daily disposable, and in the process increase the oxygen to a level appropriate for overnight wear, then I think they need to change the labeling. Why not a "single use lens" that can be worn continuously up to 48 or 72 hours instead of a "daily disposable" that is supposed to be removed for sleeping? This modality would be useful, and I believe desirable for weekenders or people who are going to sleep in a lens anyway.

Has this ever been formally studied, I wonder?

Thanks to everyone who attended tonight, it was an informative talk, the market trends for 1-days were really interesting too.

What you might not have appreciated was the duress two of the speakers were under -- Steve and Dan had power go out at their office literally 15 minutes before we went live.

They were able to cobble together an internet connection through a 4G hotspot, a laptop, and used the plain old phone for audio. While sitting in the dark! (If you're watching the archive, this is what Dan is referring to in the beginning when he said it was like 'sitting around a campfire' there with a single light. :) )

First time that's ever happened during one of our shows!

Reactions: Ryan Mckinnis
Ok, archive is up and cranking at the top of the page. Hit the "HD" button to see it in full resolution, for the rest of you guys using phones or out in the sticks like Paul, the regular resolution is fine :)

BTW, how did everyone like that industry information at the beginning -- with the actual data from industry about 1-day shipments vs. other modalities, etc?

I like various CooperVision products, including the Clariti lenses, which the company has purchased from Sauflon; however, I am not fanatical about MyDay.