Local optometry office deals with potentially counterfeit eclipse glasses - Norfolk Daily News

ODwire.org NewsBot

NewsBot
Staff member
Jul 30, 2007
School/Org
Newsbot U
City
Barre
State
VT
What are you going to do if it says it's from one of those manufacturers but it's not. You need to trust the distributor.

“What happened is the distributor we received them from had printed all the correct certification numbers and everything on it,” said Jamie Bonilla, operations manager for Authier Miller Pape Eye Care Consultants of Norfolk. “They had printed they were made by (a certain) manufacturer, but it turns out they were not made by them.”

HOLY CRAP I WAS RIGHT!

YOUR PATIENTS ARE GOING TO GO BLIND AND SUE YOU UNTIL YOU'LL BE LUCKY TO WORK AS A SCHOOL JANITOR AND YOUR WIFE WILL LEAVE YOU FOR THAT CREEPY GUY AT THE GOLF CLUB!

I'm going to test a pair from each batch by staring at the sun for 1 minute.
Hold on, and report back:
They're fine!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Kiener
HOLY CRAP I WAS RIGHT!

YOUR PATIENTS ARE GOING TO GO BLIND AND SUE YOU UNTIL YOU'LL BE LUCKY TO WORK AS A SCHOOL JANITOR AND YOUR WIFE WILL LEAVE YOU FOR THAT CREEPY GUY AT THE GOLF CLUB!
If it does, then the AOA should some how tie this in with other online glasses made in China. It has already been proven they do not have the same safety standards as the US in optical lens, so there should be some sort of tie in.

Reactions: Joe DiGiorgio O.D.
Does our malpractice insurance cover us for eclipse glasses?

I refuse to believe that there are unscrupulous manufacturers willing to blind us to make a quick buck. I'm using whatever glasses there are out there.

Reactions: Jeff Kiener