Apr 13, 2015
Columbia, Missouri
School/Org
PCO
City
Columbia
State
MO
I'll be presenting a lecture for CE Wire this year about systemic disease and the retinal vasculature. In the past ive gotten some great, funny names for the lectures...i'm hoping the bright ODwire minds can come through again!

Here's the challenge: Come up with a creative or funny title for the lecture and I'll include the best one and give you credit.

systemic disease and the retinal vasculature
Hose, Toes and Nose, Oh My. Naw. Too many connotations.

Lighting before the Thunder. Imagine Dragons. You could play a snippet. Now that is current popular musical integration. Trouble is, eye doctors are in the room. Never mind.

Go for the Jugular. Just sound like a fun time.

Hose, Toes and Nose, Oh My. Naw. Too many connotations.

Lighting before the Thunder. Imagine Dragons. You could play a snippet. Now that is current popular musical integration. Trouble is, eye doctors are in the room. Never mind.

Go for the Jugular. Just sound like a fun time.
HA love it, especially go for the jugular!

I did a lecture a few years ago on RAO and RVO. my coworker recommend "cotton candy, sweet and low, let me see that RVO!"

"Are you a peeping Tom?"

...well, you should be. The eye is the window to the body.

Hey Dr. Zimbalist,

I'm watching your lecture, "Systemic Disease and Retinal Vasculature," tonight and was wondering what suggestions you'd made to differentiate pathologic venous tortuosity vs. normal variation.

I wasn't aware that the venuoles were attached in point to the retinal surface. Great information.

(Maybe you answer this later on in the lecture and, if so, my apologies.) Best regards, -Charlie

10:53?

Hey Dr. Zimbalist,

I'm watching your lecture, "Systemic Disease and Retinal Vasculature," tonight and was wondering what suggestions you'd made to differentiate pathologic venous tortuosity vs. normal variation.

I wasn't aware that the venuoles were attached in point to the retinal surface. Great information.

(Maybe you answer this later on in the lecture and, if so, my apologies.) Best regards, -Charlie

Yep. You answered it. :)

Would you comment on these nerve collaterals?

IMG_5504.jpg

Reactions: Richard Zimbalist
Do you routinely have retinal photos taken regardless of retinal examination with BIO or high plus lenses?

Yep. You answered it. :)
I think the better question is why are you doing CE at 11:30 pm!

In a nutshell, if the same retinal vasculature is affected bilaterally its likely congenital. If its a unilateral finding i would look carefully for underlying retinal or systemic disease

Would you comment on these nerve collaterals?

View attachment 17595

Tough to say without medical history and full fundus photos but ones similar ones that I have seen have tended to be CRVO or HRCVO . The nerve might be a little pale temporally (or could be the photo), if so, i would do careful APD/color vision/EOM/SS 24-2 VF to r/o space occupying lesion on ONH in sphenoids.