Dec 28, 2000
www.odwire.org
School/Org
Columbia University / PCO
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Jordan Kassalow, OD,MPH co-founder and chairman of the Scojo Foundation was recognized this week by Former President Bill Clinton at an awards ceremony of his Clinton Global Initiative Foundation...www.clintonglobalinitiative.org. The award was televised on CNN.

The Scojo Foundation was on of six companies out of many hundreds to receive special recognician...
http://commitments.clintonglobalinitiative.org/projects.htm?mode=view&rid=209678

Dr Kassalow gave a five minute summary of the work of the Scojo foundation when accepting his award.

Additional mention of the work of the Scojo Foundation was on "Meet the Press" during Bill Clinton's interview as well as ABC's " This Week with George Stephanopolis" on Sunday 9/30/07.

In the interest of full disclosure, Jordan was an associate in my former practice as well as a present partner. I am also his proud Godfather.

Last edited:
Paul Farkas said:
Jordan Kassalow, OD,MPH co-founder and chairman of the Scojo Foundation was recognized this week by Former President Bill Clinton at an awards ceremony of his Clinton Global Initiative Foundation...www.clintonglobalinitiative.org. The award was televised on CNN.

The Scojo Foundation was on of six companies out of many hundreds to receive special recognician...
http://commitments.clintonglobalinitiative.org/projects.htm?mode=view&rid=209678

Dr Kassalow gave a five minute summary of the work of the Scojo foundation when accepting his award.

Additional mention of the work of the Scojo Foundation was on "Meet the Press" during Bill Clinton's interview as well as ABC's " This Week with George Stephanopolis" on Sunday 9/30/07.

In the interest of full disclosure, Jordan was an associate in my former practice as well as a present partner. I am also his proud Godfather.

Dr. Farkas,
I followed your link from another thread. Hooray for Scojo!

One question, and an honest question (I am not looking to be condescending/rude/doubtful/anything negative) is the recognition that the Scojo foundation receiving more for its microfinance or for its vision care? It seems to me that this is a microfinance initiative with the secondary (GOOD effect) of presbyopic care rather than the inverse.

Again congratulations to the Scojo foundation they are really making waves!

Let's ask the source

Matt Pearce said:
Dr. Farkas,
I followed your link from another thread. Hooray for Scojo!

One question, and an honest question (I am not looking to be condescending/rude/doubtful/anything negative) is the recognition that the Scojo foundation receiving more for its microfinance or for its vision care? It seems to me that this is a microfinance initiative with the secondary (GOOD effect) of presbyopic care rather than the inverse.

Again congratulations to the Scojo foundation they are really making waves!

I hope I can convince Jordan to join the conversation.