ODwire.org Mobile Now Available for iOS and Android!

AdminWolf

Site Administrator & Tech Lead
Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Posting this from my Samsung. Smooth & easy to install

Whoops my Avatar says well known, must mean I forgot to pay up;(

Posting this from my Samsung. Smooth & easy to install
Excellent - let me know if you see any weirdness, I haven't used the Android version as much as the iOS version, though they should be fundamentally similar.

got it. seems to be working well
Excellent -- lots of people had the old iOS version installed on their phones, so it should overwrite that one, but the only hitch is that people will need to re-login again the first time.

ad

A side note, Adam, somewhat unrelated. I received a notice some time back to "upgrade" my account, but did not realize what this meant. I may have been quicker to belly up had the notice said something along the lines of "continue your support"

Adam,

What does this ODwire App do for us?

I have noticed that since the ODwire upgrade in July, I have no problem with ODwire on a laptop or desktop, but I do on my I-phone.

Adam,

What does this ODwire App do for us?

I have noticed that since the ODwire upgrade in July, I have no problem with ODwire on a laptop or desktop, but I do on my I-phone.
What sort of problems persist on the web version of ODwire on the iPhone? (I've been using it on my 12 mini OK.) I can pass them along to the devs.

The iPhone version gives you (most critically) push notifications, so you'll get a notification when someone replies to a thread or sends you a PM, when you click on it, it'll take you right to it.

The new ODWIre Mobile App interface is so much better than the previous one! Great job.

What sort of problems persist on the web version of ODwire on the iPhone? (I've been using it on my 12 mini OK.) I can pass them along to the devs.

The iPhone version gives you (most critically) push notifications, so you'll get a notification when someone replies to a thread or sends you a PM, when you click on it, it'll take you right to it.
I don't have the App yet. I was just trying to use ODwire on the web.

I don't have the App yet. I was just trying to use ODwire on the web.
Right, I'm just curious what issues you're having, I've been using the web version on my 12 mini and haven't seen any weirdness.

Just wanted to let everyone know the app has been updated (took a while between releases!), so the push notifications are all working as intended -- if someone replies to your thread, you'll get a notification and clicking on it will take you right to the post.

There are a bunch of other minor bug fixes too.
--ad

(and just as an aside, the mobile app on the iPhone has gotten mature enough that I use it now almost exclusively vs. Safari... only thing I don't use it for is when I need to handle administrative tasks on the site. that obviously wasn't part of the goal with the mobile app, as it was designed for end-users.)

-- ad

I use it on my iphone 13 with no problem. Just uploaded the app looks nice and appears to work. Nice Job

Adam-
Off-topic, but why are all the symbols along the top of my message replies inaccessible? I'm unable to type in bold or italics, for instance.

Adam-
Off-topic, but why are all the symbols along the top of my message replies inaccessible? I'm unable to type in bold or italics, for instance.

you need to make sure to toggle BBcode to WYSIWYG mode -- on the upper-right:

1652849104366.png

The system remembers whether or not you want to use WYSIWYG, so if you hit it, it won't revert until you hit it again. As you discovered :)

As an aside, i'm happy with the app -- it is even sending notifications over to my watch when someone replies (in near real-time) so it is definitely useful if you're on the go.

-- ad