ODwire.org Supporting Member
May 6, 2009
School/Org
Illinois College of Optometry
City
Aurora
State
MO
Is there anyone, besides me, having trouble with OE tracker properly indicating CEWire2020 credits?

in the past the transcript would automatically update within a few days of completing the credit.

Is there anyone, besides me, having trouble with OE tracker properly indicating CEWire2020 credits?

In the past the transcript would automatically update within a few days of completing the credit.
Hi Tom, we had a major load to input after the June session, so it took a little longer than usual (in fact, it was as far as we know the single-most credits ever submitted for a single CE session ever. So we wanted to make sure that ARBO received complete and correct documentation.

If you don't see your credits there, just email support@cewire2020.com, Kat will make sure the credits are transmitted and recorded properly by ARBO.

Thanks!
Adam

MY CE credits, no matter where I took them, were slow to be posted on ARBO.
It is a challenge for ARBO -- they are actually a very small organization, with maybe 3-4 full-time employees (if that!). They've been getting slammed with credits from all over the place, and with the rules changes that they've had to implement, it hasn't been easy for them. (I commend the job they are doing with such thin staff.)

In terms of CEwire2020, we're modifying the software for the next live go-around next weekend (August 22), so if you enter your OE Tracker # once it'll remember it, and you won't need to 'attest' to attending -- the software will just watch to make sure you sat through the video, and the credit will be awarded automatically. (Obviously, if you're taking a course on demand the rules are the same as always -- you've got to pass a test to receive credit.)

-- ad

Reactions: Tom Byers OD
It is a challenge for ARBO -- they are actually a very small organization, with maybe 3-4 full-time employees (if that!). They've been getting slammed with credits from all over the place, and with the rules changes that they've had to implement, it hasn't been easy for them. (I commend the job they are doing with such thin staff.)

In terms of CEwire2020, we're modifying the software for the next live go-around next weekend (August 22), so if you enter your OE Tracker # once it'll remember it, and you won't need to 'attest' to attending -- the software will just watch to make sure you sat through the video, and the credit will be awarded automatically. (Obviously, if you're taking a course on demand the rules are the same as always -- you've got to pass a test to receive credit.)

-- ad
Hold the phone....40000 +/- OD’s paying in $25/year for official transcript records=$1 million. And they only have 3-4 employees?

-- ad
Hold the phone....40000 +/- OD’s paying in $25/year for official transcript records=$1 million. And they only have 3-4 employees?

ARBO is never flush with funding. You’ll find them to be pretty open. I was on the board for two terms. Small staff. Truly non-profit. Hard work for the public welfare. Little regard by optometry; COPE was not widely supported. “COPE? Nope!” Standards for commercial support of optometric CE: not supported. ABO: ARBO could not endorse. Lotta anger and resentment. CE accreditation: not really supported by optometry yet. CE accreditation requires effort and results. Course approval is not CE provider or activity accreditation.

The national board concept came from ARBO. TMOD. COPE. OE Tracker. The recent recognition of COPE accreditation (not just approval) (provider or activity models; unique) as equivalent to medicine, nursing, pharmacy et al. and acceptable for joint accreditation was accomplished by the small staff and a very, very few volunteer ODs.

Sadly, optometry groups and ODs aren’t that interested. You could email the ARBO ED, Lisa Fennell. She’ll answer your questions.

Seven. Had to add. To get to seven.

Lisa Fennell, Executive Director

Jessi Woodrome, Program Coordinator

Ron Cassel, Director of Operations

Donna DeLay, Program Manager/COPE Administrator

Brittany Howard, Program Coordinator

Sierra Powell, Manager, Accreditation Services

Audrey Vazquez, Program Coordinator

I forgot: The OE Tracker mobile app works very well, too.

The ARBO website has quite a bit of information.

I have CEwire credits from June that have yet to recorded on OE Tracker.

Right. You might wish to follow-up with ARBO or the relevant CE provider.

The mobile app is for in-person events. This is not applicable to online CE.

I would imagine the ARBO staff has been hit with an unusually high amount of extra work due the online CE rush and that delays to OE Tracker recording will be inevitable. Dunno. Haven’t spoken to them in a long while. It would seem to be a reasonable deduction. If you’re up against a reporting for licensure deadline, I’m sure they’d assist.

I have CEwire credits from June that have yet to recorded on OE Tracker.

Any problems go to support@cewire2020.com. Kat McCord who administers the program C/E credits will take care of any problem.

With the volume of participants in CEwire2020, it's amazing how few problems have come up.

Fortunately, I’m not facing down a deadline, but still would like to have an up to date transcript.

Fortunately, I’m not facing down a deadline, but still would like to have an up to date transcript.

Any minor glitches have been repaired.

CEwirw2020 is ready to take the robust registration expected for our final series of courses over 4 weekends.