Feb 21, 2001
School/Org
SCO
City
Fayetteville
State
NC
Hello,

There is an interesting conversation going on in the opticians forum at www.optiboard.com

..."..What is a legal prescription?..." Maybe someone can help define it for them.

Hope this is o.k. Paul. I have had some interesting and sometimes downright crazy discussions with the opticians there.

Tom Miller

Hi Tom:

Of course passing on useful sites is not only OK but appreciated.

As a matter of fact our members should log on to http://optcomcentral.com
which is an updated, new and improved Optcom sponsored by the Southern Council of Optometrists.

They have many new features as well as informative old features from their previous site.

Paul

The new optcom site has got me all out of wack. I think the old one was much better but then again, I couldn't even begin to put together a site like that (or this).....so I really can't complain. I have just got to figure out how to work through it.

Tom

Another worthwhile web site

Hi Tom :

I'm gratified, that with our conversation, as well as the always worthwhile comments of Neil Gailmard, the Optometric Management Web site www.Optometric.com has come to life.

Our policy on seniordoc.org is to encourage as many Optometric web sites as possible to allow ODs the greatest diversity of opinion. We inform our members of new sites OD for them to evaluate.

As with any endeavor the market place will determine the value of the site. If they are too difficult to work or have little interest, ODs will not log on. We at seniordoc.org continue to remember that truth.

Paul