Optometrist using iPhone 13 Pro macro camera for eye treatment; here’s how - PINKVILLA

Wow. Impressive pictures for being taken with just a phone. We probably won’t need to take pictures thru the slit lamp anymore.
0D95276A-937F-499E-98EC-EA8DBABEE5BC.jpeg

The iPhone 13 Pro has a new macro mode that is ridiculous.

They've updated the optics in the camera and have also applied new algorithms to the mode which makes it much more useful than in last year's phone.

Looking forward to seeing some in-office examples.

The iPhone 13 Pro has a new macro mode that is ridiculous.

They've updated the optics in the camera and have also applied new algorithms to the mode which makes it much more useful than in last year's phone.

Looking forward to seeing some in-office examples.
Don't hold your breath...I'm sure some of us have slit lamp cameras and you see how few photos are being posted.
I would not count on seeing a ton of Iphone 13 photos.

I bought one last week and it was very hard to even find. So, it's expensive...and it's not readily available..and did I mention..
O.D.s are "cheap"..almost forgot that one.

I await the flood of photos.

FWIW..I took a photo, with my Iphone 8S on my slit lamp of a keratitis from bug spray.

Now what is the big deal.?
I can't imagine the folks are reading this...but there is a case about bug spray in the eye..can't say anything else..bug spray?

I had to drag it out of my patient kicking and screaming..well, he was in pain...as usual I yelled at him..
So, tell me what you did!!!

And don't lie to me. I don't have time for BS.
Well, there was this mosquito..and I chased it with the can of spray.

Can you even imagine? Bug spray in the eye..

So, not a case of the day, although it could be.

What would you folks do to fix this patient?

Don't everyone answer at once..LOL

capture-001 (5).jpg

Second patient that looks like this in the past month. Anterior chambers are shallow w/ some PAS. Brother who is 2 has congenital glaucoma

DB84AAD1-552C-4979-91B7-882D342CB9C9.jpeg

A15A4D1E-E850-45CC-B9E7-0CCD63C640EA.jpeg

Taken w/ my iPhone 13

4FE17984-61CC-4DA3-815B-0CBD9E00AB18.jpeg

iPhone SE. Lt. in prison had this so I took it out for her and didn’t charge anything :)

In the prison I see prisoners and get paid a contractual hourly rate. The Lieutenant and other Correctional Officers are friendly with me and will ask for professional advice and I answer questions. I took out this irritating eyelash for her. That was all. :) because she was happy. I referred her to one of my other offices for regular care and optical purchases.

Just ordered my 13 pro.

I usually don't get too excited about iphones but I can't wait get my paws on this thing.
I've got a 12 and usually take forever to upgrade, but the camera on the 13 pro is really giving me pause ....

Getting a 13 mini... the smaller the better.
I like small, but 2 hrs less battery than 13, 3 hours less that 13 Pro
I think you need Pro to get that great macro capability too.

Wondering if now or waiting for Black Friday for pricing from Verizon?

I like small, but 2 hrs less battery than 13, 3 hours less that 13 Pro
I think you need Pro to get that great macro capability too.

Wondering if now or waiting for Black Friday for pricing from Verizon?
From my understanding there's a shortage of everything. I'm buying things as they come.

I'll shoot Macro maybe 2 times a year if I get the Pro.

Battery life is a concern.

Reactions: Alan David
From my understanding there's a shortage of everything. I'm buying things as they come.

I'll shoot Macro maybe 2 times a year if I get the Pro.

Battery life is a concern.
Been using my phone all day (iPhone13) and I’m still at 83%.

Reactions: h.c. jang
Reactions: h.c. jang
Corneal FB
BAABC719-7E47-4FA5-9A23-498A40B4D78D.jpeg

Reactions: Peter Charron
Amazing how their never much bigger than that yet cause so much discomfort.
Back in my paper chart days, I’d tape the FB to the patient’s chart. They would always be amazed that such a tiny speck was causing so much pain.

Posterior Capsule Fibrosis, taken with just my phone and a penlight
4102E076-FCBF-4176-9835-8B7BF2EBB712.jpeg

Wow, how about interior photos at the slot lamp with that? Is hat possible with a condensing lens? Anyone try?

I got my Pixel Pro 6 two weeks ago. This. Thing. Is. Amazing. The camera on this is even better than the 5 I had. I will try and see if I can take some good anterior seg photos with it to post and compare.

Rust ring on patient who had a FB removed at the ER the night before
93DE060B-6AD8-4882-BE79-5AE0DFC65C0B.jpeg

Reactions: AdminWolf
Christmas light exploded while incinerating garbage in 1952. VA 20/20.
EC39B5B8-7C4F-4681-B02F-DB4E599D8453.jpeg

Cataract
10AD8AD7-606B-4603-891A-72C393277EC5.jpeg

Reactions: AdminWolf
Amazing Photos.

Thank you

Hyphema
A4564391-337E-42EC-BA05-71151B34BCBD.jpeg

I am so glad to read this thread. It is becoming obvious to me that I do not need to get a multi-thousand dollar slit lamp photography system to take good anterior segment photos.

Reactions: Scott Blahnik
I am so glad to read this thread. It is becoming obvious to me that I do not need to get a multi-thousand dollar slit lamp photography system to take good anterior segment photos.
Jon what phone do you use?