Optometrist using iPhone 13 Pro macro camera for eye treatment; here’s how - PINKVILLA

Eyelid lesion LUL
F4ACA6D9-2B3F-4E32-8FFE-AEEA4D55A7A7.jpeg

I have an I-Phone 6 which is in it's last stage of life. I need to get a new one.

Yep. I have heard many times that the i6 will not run many contemporary apps. You can get the prior version the i12 which would be a huge upgrade for you, and you will have a brand new battery.

BTW--I often use the i6 vs i13 pro as an example when talking to patients about evolving technology. My brother is still using an i6. He apparently is waiting for them to make a perfect model. He has opened it up and replaced the battery a couple of times.

Jon, when traveling I have everything on my iPhone.

* Vax documents
* boarding passes
* Uber & Lyft app
* hotel rez
* sometimes hotel room entry app
* dinner reservations
* a locked note with many crucial documents
* Trip Advisor app
* Google GPS
* App for train schedule and reservations in places like Italy
* Access to my Evernote personal eye manual
* Camera used in lectures. Pics or power point slides are quickly air-dropped into my MacBook Air for amazing notes.
* Trip-It buildable itinerary
* instant messages with people I am meeting at the destination, and family at home.
* several highly used eye apps.

In short, you need a totally reliable device in pocket. Beam me up Scotty.

1644761983049.png

The cameras in these phones have come a long way in a hurry.

I have an I-Phone 6 which is in it's last stage of life. I need to get a new one.
It will probably take a few weeks to adjust to the new phones, they removed the home button several years ago, so navigating the new ones requires learning some gestures. Once those become engrained in your muscle memory, you won't look back!

Jon, when traveling I have everything on my iPhone.

* Vax documents
* boarding passes
* Uber & Lyft app
* hotel rez
* sometimes hotel room entry app
* dinner reservations
* a locked note with many crucial documents
* Trip Advisor app
* Google GPS
* App for train schedule and reservations in places like Italy
* Access to my Evernote personal eye manual
* Camera used in lectures. Pics or power point slides are quickly air-dropped into my MacBook Air for amazing notes.
* Trip-It buildable itinerary
* instant messages with people I am meeting at the destination, and family at home.
* several highly used eye apps.

In short, you need a totally reliable device in pocket. Beam me up Scotty.

View attachment 33932
A better image might be the star trek tricorder. Our modern phones are coming close to that and much less bulky.
0C91075B-606B-4E52-9420-7FAF93DFF301.jpeg

Reactions: Joe DiGiorgio O.D.
A better image might be the star trek tricorder. Our modern phones are coming close to that and much less bulky.View attachment 33939
One of the interesting things about the tricorder is the "screen" -- notice it is convex and has round edges, like a CRT. Because it is supposed to be a CRT. They hadn't really conceived of the idea of display panels being "flat" yet or using liquid crystals, and their only real reference for display technology was what they had in their homes.

Makes you wonder what we're going to have 50 years down the road...

Reactions: Jenifer Ambler
Anterior capsule fibrosis
5C253F7C-9B22-4F93-9A90-739CA9735FAF.jpeg

A3ADAF9D-9DAB-4769-840D-4F490A60B3E0.jpeg

Reactions: Jenifer Ambler
Bleb migrating onto cornea in patient with Axenfeld Reiger Syndrome.
BB8C63E5-C449-4FCB-8B65-15BCB8132395.jpeg

Axenfeld Reiger Syndrome. 8 year old kid I just saw for the first time. IOP 16 OU. 2 of his uncles are my patients and they both have glaucoma. One is end stage with just a few degrees of visual field remaining.
CC4E0339-14F0-4F01-A8B3-345AF9F5C319.jpeg

Great image. It looks like you wiped down your Goldman tip with alcohol. ;)

Here’s his great uncle’s eye. You can see the bleb is sagging onto his cornea.
9B66BE61-1EBB-44AF-B7F5-9AEAE4D7BA1B.jpeg

Last edited: