Staff member
Jul 30, 2007
School/Org
Newsbot U
City
Barre
State
VT
how do you all feel about this? Accurate? Inaccurate? With the hand-wringing I've seen over Uber, I think there's a fair degree of anxiety within.

ad

No robot would accept the reimbursements from vision plans such as Davis and Spectera.

The only thing that protects us from being automated, is our medical decision-making ability, the ability for example realize that even though a test says suspicious results, it may be completely wrong because of certain factors,( example red disease).

If this medical decision-making ability is ever replaced by artificial intelligence, that will be it.

Be ready to scorch the atmosphere. :)

Fred

A few times a week I will briefly mention how there was almost legislation passed in Utah that would have allowed an spectacle prescription to be made by an auto-refractor in a kiosk. Then I will tell the patient: "Your eyes are one of the reasons that wouldn't work."

AR's can give whacky results all the time. It doesn't mean that data is garbage, it actually can give you great clues as to what is going on. But to blindly RX based on that only....many people would be unhappy.

Dave