MACULAR PIGMENT AND VITREOUS NUTRIENTS: KEEPING AN EYE ON VISION 1hr
John Nolan, PhD
PHARMACOLOGY REVIEW: SYSTEMIC MEDICATIONS 2 hours CE
Bruce Onofrey, OD
PAIN MANAGEMENT: WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY 2 hours CE
Joseph J. Pizzimenti, OD, FAAO
ORAL MEDS UPDATE 1hr
Steven Sorkin, OD, FSLS

I am in charge of getting the lecturers to come on board and always try to get Oral courses as well as Narcotics to satisfy various states. Being from NJ also I am aware of the need for oral courses so there you go

read your state rules carefully. most have also made statements clarifying. TN has returned to pre-COVID policies

Yes I agree Matt but he is an OD from my state and I know the rules there. Yes things are in flux so check with state boards for confirmation. I would think the first go around would be lenient but check to be sure

Yes, there are several:
MANAGEMENT OF DIGITAL EYE STRAIN : A NUTRITIONAL APPROACH 1hr
Pinakin G. Davey PhD, OD, FAAO
John Nolan, PhD
Bruce Onofrey, OD
ORAL MEDS UPDATE 1hr
Steven Sorkin, OD, FSLS

I am in charge of getting the lecturers to come on board and always try to get Oral courses as well as Narcotics to satisfy various states. Being from NJ also I am aware of the need for oral courses so there you go
Dr Silberberg,
I don't mean to contradict you but according to the new CE Wire April schedule the course
Management of Digital Eyestrain: A Nutritional Approach is categorized as GO and the course Macular Pigment and
Vitreous Nutrients is TD. Neither of those codes qualify as Orals under the NJSB's Cope Category & Codes
list on their website.
Please correct me if I'm wrong,
Doug Glazer

Dr Silberberg,
I don't mean to contradict you but according to the new CE Wire April schedule the course
Management of Digital Eyestrain: A Nutritional Approach is categorized as GO and the course Macular Pigment and
Vitreous Nutrients is TD. Neither of those codes qualify as Orals under the NJSB's Cope Category & Codes
list on their website.
Please correct me if I'm wrong,
Doug Glazer
There is no Oral designation in the COPE category list. The lectures may be categorized as GO or PH but when the subject and content of the lectures are reviewed they are clearly an oral lecture in content. Since ARBO had no oral designation I believe it would pass the muster of NJ.

There is no Oral designation in the COPE category list. The lectures may be categorized as GO or PH but when the subject and content of the lectures are reviewed they are clearly an oral lecture in content. Since ARBO had no oral designation I believe it would pass the muster of NJ.
Thanks

Reactions: Steve Silberberg
Here is the national designations. To make it more confusing my lecture has a PH designation on presbyopic drugs but clearly, this is NOT an oral lecture, but NJ typically will accept that as an oral course with the PH suffix. I would not count this lecture as such if the content is reviewed

Attachments

• cope_categories.pdf
    211.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Yes I agree Matt but he is an OD from my state and I know the rules there. Yes things are in flux so check with state boards for confirmation. I would think the first go around would be lenient but check to be sure
TN sent out an email or two addressing in-person vs everything else.

trying to track this stuff down online can be frustrating

Here is the national designations. To make it more confusing my lecture has a PH designation on presbyopic drugs but clearly, this is NOT an oral lecture, but NJ typically will accept that as an oral course with the PH suffix. I would not count this lecture as such if the content is reviewed
It can be annoying. Each jurisdiction can have its own requirements in rule, law, or both. That’s not up to to COPE, ARBO et al.

Further, some authors place their lectures inappropriately. This tends to get picked up in review, but not always.

Opinions vary wildly just as one might expect. I don’t like so many categories. OTOH, some jurisdictions require specific categories for relicensure.

Some courses cross into more than one category and to varying degrees.

Practice mx for CE?

Minimum and maximum amts?

TN sent out an email or two addressing in-person vs everything else.

trying to track this stuff down online can be frustrating
Who are the state board members in TN ?

If you can supply their name and e mail address sometimes a communication from a senior executive on CEwire will give them a wake up call. ARBO is cooperative but they work at the pleasure of state boards.

Yes, there are several:
MANAGEMENT OF DIGITAL EYE STRAIN : A NUTRITIONAL APPROACH 1hr
Pinakin G. Davey PhD, OD, FAAO
John Nolan, PhD
Bruce Onofrey, OD
ORAL MEDS UPDATE 1hr
Steven Sorkin, OD, FSLS

Thank you!

Who are the state board members in TN ?

If you can supply their name and e mail address sometimes a communication from a senior executive on CEwire will give them a wake up call. ARBO is cooperative but they work at the pleasure of state boards.
I read their last posted minutes and CE hours were discussed. tried to copy and past but my pdf viewer isnt allowing it.

they discussed as ARBO is making changes to synchronous vs asynchronous, that the board later revisit maximum number of hours of online vs in person. Then states "look at IL state online acceptance of hours".

is anyone familiar with the rules in Illinois?