Ordering and understanding Lab Results a New Frontier for Optometry (51772-GO)

AdminWolf

Site Administrator & Tech Lead
Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
cewire-logo-2017-small.png

40 COPE credits online, $179!
Watch online until May 1, 2017 [more info]

Ordering and understanding Lab Results a New Frontier for Optometry (51772-GO)
Kerry Gelb, OD

The primary eye-care physician must be knowledgeable about ordering and the interpretation of a patient's blood work. This course will reinforce such knowledge and how the Optometrist can properly educate patients on such results to continue to play a vital role in the patient's overall health management.

Interview: Dr. Kerry Gelb on Lab Tests & Optometry

Watch Dr. Gelb's course at your leisure through May 1st, 2017 and earn COPE credit!

Get more information & see the full course list at CEwire2017.com

marco-meatball-300.jpg

Thanks again to Marco for sponsoring the CEwire2017 Livestream!

Editor's note: I listened to the 15 minute interview. Definitely worth your time and might tempt you to take the entire course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been doing it for over 30 years.

the lecture is cool b/c he goes over how to do it step-by-step (and even offers the order sheet that he uses in his own office.)

ad

the lecture is cool b/c he goes over how to do it step-by-step (and even offers the order sheet that he uses in his own office.)

ad
I have been doing it nearly that long and teaching it at UHCO for 14 years. It is not a new frontier.

I have been doing it nearly that long and teaching it at UHCO for 14 years. It is not a new frontier.
It is for the HUGE majority of ODs. And, 5-10 years out of school, it's probably even new (again) to your former students.

I agree with you Craig. I also order lab tests but the great majority don't...................In fact we who administrate CEwire2017 were asked for lectures on this topic because it is not well known by the average OD. Next year we are having Dr. Gelb back. He partners in talks with a Rheumatologist on this subject and more