Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
To kick off the launch of the photo sharing section, we're holding a small contest --

The two members who upload the most photos over the next two weeks will each receive a Flip Video camera as a prize!

If you're wondering what to upload, think about particularly interesting clinical situations that you've run across that you might want to show other members, or get feedback on.

Good luck & if you have any questions about how to post an image, put 'em here!

thanks,

Adam

Quality before Quantity..

Remember, please don't just upload a ton of pictures for the sake of uploading them (ie, i have at least 5,000 pictures of my 1-year old, i'm not going to upload a million of them to try to win the video camera.)

Before you upload, just think about if the community would be interested and/or amused by it, and if possible give a description of each photo.

This is a great example.

Thanks!
Adam

Contest rules

For purposes of the contest, only professional photos including clinical and office count.

Family photos and pets although fun and a source of pride will not counted as part of this contest.

In addition, for privacy remove any patient name or file number from the photos.

Good luck!

Right, I should have been clearer about that.

Because of ODwire.org's size, you have a unique opportunity to share pathology that you might otherwise not routinely see in practice.

It is my sincere hope that everyone finds the ability to share pictures -- and comment on them -- in a private environment to be useful.

cheers
adam

Ps -- even i cheated and put up a few pictures of the kid. Why not? :)

For purposes of the contest, only professional photos including clinical and office count.

Family photos and pets although fun and a source of pride will not counted as part of this contest.

In addition, for privacy remove any patient name or file number from the photos.

Good luck!

How to add a new category

Adam, Paul,

I tried to add a new category, EOM (extraocular muscles) for strabismus, torticollis, etc.

Adam, Paul,

I tried to add a new category, EOM (extraocular muscles) for strabismus, torticollis, etc.

Hi Richard, it should have let you ad it with this link, just make sure that the "parent" is appropriate.

let me know if it doesn't work.

thanks
adam

Unfortunately, the link only brings me to the main page of the Galleries.

Change Categories?

Adam,

I wonder if it is possible to change a photo's category after it is uploaded. I have two herpes zoster patients that should be in the EOM/Facial category since they don't involve lids.

Thanks.

Adam,

I wonder if it is possible to change a photo's category after it is uploaded. I have two herpes zoster patients that should be in the EOM/Facial category since they don't involve lids.

Thanks.

if you can't, i think i can do it here.

but to give it a try yourself, pull up the picture and click 'edit' in the toolkit -- see if it'll actually let you move the photo

thanks!

Are you interested in seeing some advertisements/marketing that I've done. It could be useful to spurn ideas for marketing in other offices.

Shaune --
Great idea! (wish i'd thought of it from the start!)

I've just created a new sub-category under office called "Marketing Ideas". Why not just upload some of the 'best of the best' that you've done. I'm sure everyone is curious.

thanks!
Adam

So.....how did the contest end up?
And why have people stopped uploading pictures? I have tried to upload interesting or informative pictures as I get them. I have only had my new camera a couple months and have several patients that are worth sharing. Just because there may be a picture of diabetic retinopathy doesn't mean that another will not be equally instructive.

Too busy is a good problem to have.:D

winners!

Hey all, I'd like to announce the contest winners:

* Shaune Wallace, with an astounding 165 photo uploads
* Stuart Bark, with 48

Both members have won a Flip HD video camera!

Thanks to everyone for contributing & keep uploading photos, please! The archive is becoming incredibly useful.

cheers
Adam