Tom Miller

Feb 21, 2001
School/Org
SCO
City
Fayetteville
State
NC
I have seen a few other sites that let people put a photo of themselves with their posts/profile. Any chance we could do that with the site? It would be nice to see who we were talking to.

(Can you tell I just got a new digitial camera??):D

Good idea, Tom.

Let me sleep on it (i should have time tomorrow night to play with the seniordoc software.)

BTW, what type of camera did you get?

adam

It always amazes me how different people can end up looking than the way you pictured them -- if you go ahead with the photo thing - you might be amazed at how much I look like Catherine
Zeta Jones! (on second thought maybe I'll try something more subtle);)

ok, we can try out the "avatar" function. But there are a few ground-rules --

pictures can only be 80 pixels x 80 pixels max, and a max of 10 kilobytes big. (after all, if the pictures are too big seniordoc will get sluggish...)

enjoy :)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention how to use avatars...

To Upload an Avatar:
---------------------------
Go to "Change your profile" in "forum functions" on the left menu.

Then pick "edit Options";

Scroll down to the "Avatar" section; you can then pick "change avatar"

You'll be taken to a menu where you can upload your own photos.

Remember the size limit that I just metioned! it absolutely will not allow you to upload anything bigger.

to view everyone elses avatar
-------------------------------------
"Change your profile" / "Edit options" / "show users avatars in their posts" (choose "yes")

Good luck!
adam

ps -- the ability to upload an avatar is limited to people who have a certain number of posts (like 5 or more... sort of a little bonus for posting :) )

Can you repeat that?

I'll continue to to let my words paint a portrait.

How can I compete with you young guys from "Central Casting"?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Paul Farkas
Can you repeat that?

I'll continue to to let my words paint a portrait.

How can I compete with you young guys from "Central Casting"?

:rolleyes:

Looks like Tom has figured it out! :D

Let's hope we can get more people to post pics. It does somehow change the dynamic of a community forum.

(speaking of the community, i squished a major login bug this morning... finally. Hopefully everyone will now be able to log in with zero problems.)

To those as inexperienced in this advanced imagery as me...

Adam,whose photo takes some of the mystery out of our web site, ( Docwolf is so young) informed me that you place your picture on site with the downside of slowing down getting on line to seniordoc.org, unless you have a DSL line or a T1 line.

I have a DSL line but no picture will be up there. Let me surprise you when we meet at the next function we jointly attend.

:D