Seco

Yep.

I'm going through the Southern Diplomate - Retina program...should be interesting. Just didn't think I could take another glaucoma course right now.

I looking for a corneal topographer this year.

Flying.......man, you must be rich!:D I prefer to keep both feet on the ground.

The diplomate program is just a fancy worded 8-course retinal deal over 2 years (I think......as far as I know). I just signed up for the courses....no big deal.

I'll be there Thur afternoon -Sun. morn

Is there going to be a seniordoc meeting?

Good question,
Who else is going to SECO? I may go on Frid and Sat if someone wants to have a Senior doc meeting on Friday. Just a thought. Mainly going to look at the new gadgets. Tom, see if you can use your pull to get me a free plane ticket. Sign me up for some committee or something. Tom, is your family going with you? I'm guessing so. later.

I'll be getting there Wednesday night and staying till Sunday. Paid academic leave is great! I signed up for all the free classes, but nothing else as of yet. Count me in for a seniordocs meeting.

Some thoughts...

Wolf Bioscience was considering sponsoring another Breakfast Seminar for our membership as was done at the AAO. Unfortunately the scheduling of functions is so tight that it was not a feasible option.

Tom Miller, you are a www.seniordoc.org moderator. How about you making these executive decisions. Last year at Vision Expo in NYC, we met at a Publisher's Booth in the Exhibit hall at a specific time and date.

Both editors of BCI and Jobson are www.seniordoc.org members. I'm certain either booth would be happy to see you there.

Adam and/ or I will attend the meeting at the very last minute for Wolf Bioscience, only if discussions are necessary after the roll out of "PatientWire". If so then we'll try to fly in to coincide with the time Tom arranges a get together.

Keith, Ron, Mike, Paul and others,

I have only been to SECO twice and am not an expert on the "lay of the land". I was thinking about just meeting over at the Omni Center for lunch at one of the many fast food joints...maybe on Friday 2-21-03 @ 12:30 -1:30

Kelly K. (a new cold practice OD from SCO that I spoke with on the phone recently), if your out there, come join us.

I welcome any better suggestions. I hear Ron Faircloths is buying for everyone:D

Alright!

Originally posted by Tom Miller
I hear Ron Faircloths is buying for everyone:D

WOO HOO!!!

Is Ron buying the beer too? Mmmmmmmm... Beeeeeeeer...

DOH!!

For you Tom: Since you are a moderator, I nominate you to wear the sign that says, "Welcome Seniordocs!" on your chest so we know where to meet. A 3' x 4' sign would work best--you know, like what you see in people wearing in front of fast food joints. The chicken suit is optional in this case. ;)

meeting at seco

hello everyone!, I have been reading your post's about SECO...I am a 3rd year student at UAB, I would love to meet you all in person if I have the chance.....I plan on moving back home to NC.... not sure what part of the state though?...and I am also considering starting cold.... after graduation!....

Ben, my friend, we should talk.

If we have a big enough group, we may have to get a larger meeting area.....But Ron is still buying;)

Walt Mayo,

> I was wondering if you knew of a good meeting place or a room that we
> could possible use for an hour or so at lunch time maybe??.

Calling the congress center will get you nowhere... you are more
than welcome to use any unoccupied room during lunch hours. My
classroom at the top of the escalators to the exhibit hall is fine...
just look me up when you get there.

Walt
----------------------------------------

OK,

There it is. We will meet at 12:30 on Friday Feb. 21, 2003 at the top of the escalator in Walt Mayo's room.....whereever the hell that is? I have pretty good idea. I'll be outside the room.

If anyone is free, meet me there at 12:30. I won't be wearing my war face.....sorry.