Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Hi All,

In the process of sqashing bugs on the site, and making it speedier, some people's registrations & a few posts were lost. My sincerest apologies. Please re-register if your account has been destroyed (it only happened to about 15-20 people en toto, as far as I can tell.)

I think you'll find that the site will be much more reliable and speedy going forward.

Thanks for your patience!

More updates...

The site is undergoing further revisions this weekend. So you may notice the look & feel changing a bit.

It will all be normal by monday.

Thanks for your patience.

More web site information

Our Webmaster, Docwolf spent overnight making repairs and rebuildng the site. Over night, was only an inconvenience in site utilization for our members in Australia, New Zealand and the Far East.

Seniordoc.org is indeed fortunate to have a dedicated Webmaster, who has national recognition as an Internet expert, to volunteer his expertise and time. He has made our web site operate in such a seamless, trouble free manner, that I for one, was beginning to take it for granted. A technical glitch highlights how dependant we are on a problem solver to keep this complex system running and being ready to step in and give up a nights sleep to keep us running.

Thank you Adam.

Now for the good news. As Docwolf indicated the web site will be new and improved by the end of the week end. Adam may not sleep but he does have a day job. Feel free to post on the Forums during this time. You will not experience any problems.

The bad news is Docwolf was not able to recover all data lost on the site from July 21 - July 26. If you happen one of the 35-40 ( not 15 -20 as previously indicated) ODs and students who registered during that time, re-register as if you are new. How will you know if your name vanished? You will not be admitted to the Private Forums.

What is more difficult to duplicate are the interesting Forum conversations going on that were lost during this time period.
There are several that I recall where I hope the participants will continue the dialogue.

On the Clinical and Research Forum,Gus Forkiotis and his ideas on Vision Therapy. In the Retirement Issues Forum, long Optometric Holiday were being discussed. The consensus was, enjoy life and take long vacations while still in practice and don't wait to smell the roses until retirement.

Of special interest was addressed to the ODs who are hoping to find alternative careers in Midlife. Neil Gailmard Clinician,
Educator ,Writer and Editor discussed how an MBA helped him in his career. He gave our members some useful advice.

Replying also to our two ODs with midlife career questions was Mort Silverman full time Educator, Nationaly known Optometric Public Health Expert and a hero of the the 1970s Optometric Drug war,who spoke about his career change in midlife. An absolutely fascinating account.

I hope many our our members had the oppportunity to read these
posts prior to their disappearance. The lesson learned is to get into the habit of logging on at least weekly. There is always something of interest.

See you on the Private Web sites.