Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Thanks to everyone who attended the ZEISS Optometric Digital Summit this past weekend (and/or subjected themselves to our Livestream! It was fun as usual to do it!)

The conference material is available on demand for another 4 weeks, if you'd like to watch the lectures and peruse the exhibit hall, please register (free of course) and poke around.

Thanks again,

Ad

Thanks to everyone who attended the ZEISS Optometric Digital Summit this past weekend (and/or subjected themselves to our Livestream! It was fun as usual to do it!)

The conference material is available on demand for another 4 weeks, if you'd like to watch the lectures and peruse the exhibit hall, please register (free of course) and poke around.

Thanks again,

Ad

Since there is the “Search” fcn is nonexistent on the iPhone App, please direct me to the GoFundMe thread for Greg Ray, OD.
Ty

Since there is the “Search” fcn is nonexistent on the iPhone App, please direct me to the GoFundMe thread for Greg Ray, OD.
Ty
https://www.odwire.org/community/threads/go-fund-me-for-colleague-greg-ray.112788/
This is what the link led me to:
iOS Image - 3433506451.png

I saw a bit of your livestream yesterday when Steve called in. You all looked and sounded great!

Reactions: Steve Silberberg
Strange message when I’m already logged in

You continue to beat a dead horse.

ODwire.org functions are obviously not working on your iPhone. Why not switch to a computer or Ipad in your home or office?

Why continue to struggle?

Strange message when I’m already logged in

You continue to beat a dead horse.

ODwire.org functions are obviously not working on your iPhone. Why not switch to a computer or Ipad in your home or office?

Why continue to struggle?
That’s equivalent to saying,
Why not switch to a horse and buggy instead from a car?
or
Why not switch to a facsimile machine from email?
iOS Image - 1924377533.jpg

I saw a bit of your livestream yesterday when Steve called in. You all looked and sounded great!
I have an Iphone 6+ (probably will update this fall) and no trouble logging in via te App rather than Chrome , safari etal.

or

Valid point, but the PC based web browzer works sooooo much better than the current phone ap. The old phone ap worked very well. I believe it was changed when they changed the host site platform? Funny thing is my iphone ap actually works a bit better than my iPad app. on my iPad I am must using the Chrome browser.

I did get a chance to watch one of the presentations, and I do plan to go back and watch a few more. I appreciate the good content.

Thank you Paul and Adam.

Reactions: Ed Makler
Our son took his United States Medical Licensure Examination Step 2 Clinical Knowledge yesterday which lasted nine hours.
He prepared for this test on his “mobile” iPhone 7 whenever and “wherever” he had free time. I use my time wisely and do not wish to be tethered to my house or lug a bulky iPad around like the 1980’s & 1990’s Boom Box Days.
The Internet is to a Desktop like the Base of a Rotary Telephone is to its handle.
I do not expect you to get with the times. To each their own.

or

Valid point, but the PC based web browzer works sooooo much better than the current phone ap. The old phone ap worked very well. I believe it was changed when they changed the host site platform? Funny thing is my iphone ap actually works a bit better than my iPad app. on my iPad I am must using the Chrome browser.

Touch tone telephones work much better than rotary telephones but I will still take an iPhone over a touch tone telephone.

Touch tone telephones work much better than rotary telephones but I will still take an iPhone over a touch tone telephone.

LOL--no argument there, as long as you have an ap that works well on the newer technology. I am thinking you have an iPhone Plus.

Let's get back on topic.............Adam and Paul (along with Zeiss and a small amount of help by Moi) got 513 and counting, people to attend a Non-CE conference because of the great informational/educational content as well as fabulous show discounts. They all deserve kudos for this. The show is still on-demand at https://ods2018.com/

Let's get back on topic.............Adam and Paul (along with Zeiss and a small amount of help by Moi) got 513 and counting, people to attend a Non-CE conference because of the great informational/educational content as well as fabulous show discounts. They all deserve kudos for this. The show is still on-demand at https://ods2018.com/

Yes. See my post #12 above.

Tell em what you are going to say.
Say it.
Tell em what you said.

Yes Joe,
I have an iPhone 7+.

Just use ODWire on Safari. Add the page to your home screen using the box with an arrow on the bottom of Safari. It will place an app like square on your phone's home screen. Touch the icon, the webpage opens, done deal! The entire website is device/screen responsive, so it views perfect on any iPhone. With responsive website designs the new normal, specific apps for websites are redundant.

Just use ODWire on Safari. Add the page to your home screen using the box with an arrow on the bottom of Safari. It will place an app like square on your phone's home screen. Touch the icon, the webpage opens, done deal! The entire website is device/screen responsive, so it views perfect on any iPhone. With responsive website designs the new normal, specific apps for websites are redundant.
Bravo Sir.

I have been using Google’s web browser all this time. Maybe Drs. Farkas & Farkas might consider hiring you as an adjunct tech support consultant.

Now I no longer have to hear about beating dead horses and reverting back near-obsolete technological practices.

Additionally, colleagues will be relieved from seeing gigantic font and photos generated from the google browser.

This thread was about the ZEISS conference, but --

We'll continue to work on the mobile app to enhance it, but as mentioned previously the only thing that mobile apps give you that the responsive web apps don't are push notifications.

In all other respects, a well-designed HTML5 web app performs as well as a dedicated mobile app, for anything other than games or something that requires low latency.

In fact, many mobile apps are literally just a wrapper around HTML5 code, carefully disguised!

Anyway, we'll keep on it, but for now -- just load up mobile safari or chrome, you'll see the site works well. It is how I usually use it when on the go.

Thanks!
ad

Thanks Gretchyn, it was a fun show -- the hardest part is having to get up so early b/c we're on the west coast. And eating all the junk food that Paul brings with him....

Reactions: Gretchyn Bailey
I'd like some honest feedback on if the material was valuable or mainly a Zeiss infomercial. Did the lectures have "meat," if so I'll check it out. While I do currently have multiple Zeiss instruments including a Cirrus 5000 and HVF 750i we will be switching to an Optovue angiovue in a month as our Cirrus lease is up.

This thread was about the ZEISS conference, but --

We'll continue to work on the mobile app to enhance it, but as mentioned previously the only thing that mobile apps give you that the responsive web apps don't are push notifications.

In all other respects, a well-designed HTML5 web app performs as well as a dedicated mobile app, for anything other than games or something that requires low latency.

In fact, many mobile apps are literally just a wrapper around HTML5 code, carefully disguised!

Anyway, we'll keep on it, but for now -- just load up mobile safari or chrome, you'll see the site works well. It is how I usually use it when on the go.

Thanks!
ad

Adam,
Since this thread is about thanks, I appreciate your efforts in making ODwire run as smooth as possible.

I'd like some honest feedback on if the material was valuable or mainly a Zeiss infomercial. Did the lectures have "meat," if so I'll check it out. While I do currently have multiple Zeiss instruments including a Cirrus 5000 and HVF 750i we will be switching to an Optovue angiovue in a month as our Cirrus lease is up.
A great of management of Glaucoma and retinal vasculature and macular. Yes they showed what the Zeiss equipment could do but very professionally and a lot gleaned by me personally

Reactions: Scott Caughell
A great of management of Glaucoma and retinal vasculature and macular. Yes they showed what the Zeiss equipment could do but very professionally and a lot gleaned by me personally

Scott --

I helped produce the show that Drs. Lech, Chous, and Jasper did on diabetes, it was very useful (and scary), I don't recall them talking too much about the equipment. Dr. Chous in particular talked about the most recent trends in diabetes. It makes me not want to eat anything, ever. :)

Scott --

I helped produce the show that Drs. Lech, Chous, and Jasper did on diabetes, it was very useful (and scary), I don't recall them talking too much about the equipment. Dr. Chous in particular talked about the most recent trends in diabetes. It makes me not want to eat anything, ever. :)

I've heard some great lectures on AGEs, sugar etc. There really isn't much you can eat. I think you have to weight it out. While roasted nuts do contain AGEs they also have a other health benefits so what do you do?