Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR

In this brief ODwire.org TV Interview, Mark Andre, FAAO, Associate Professor of Optometry at Pacific University College of Optometry tells us all about the NEW CooperVision MyDay Toric, and using the new lens to build your 1-day practice.

We touch on -
  • Statistics on toric fits, dropouts and where the market is moving
  • The design of the lens vs Biofinity
  • The nature of the material and its low modulus
  • Using LensFerry to help build your 1-day Practice

If you have any questions about MyDay Toric or LensFerry, please post them in this thread.

Thanks to CooperVision for their long-standing support of the site!

And thanks again to Mark for making the arduous journey to ODwire.org HQ to do the interview! ;)

Thanks Adam and Mark. Always good to listen to Mark chat about his passion. Diane, Rita, Ann and I have the refrigerator and we are liking it as well.
#lowmodulusrules.
Curious if you've delved into LensFerry as well, I know we haven't spoken too much about it on the site yet.
As always the issue with the 1 day lens is economic, I'm wondering if the service has had a significant impact for folks.

Curious if you've delved into LensFerry as well, I know we haven't spoken too much about it on the site yet.
As always the issue with the 1 day lens is economic, I'm wondering if the service has had a significant impact for folks.
I have. It is another layer of cumbersome admin in the office. It would have to be promoted. I did note that at CooperVision/Lensferry website one of the embedded video interviews was from an Oregon Doc in Canby. So I looked at her web site and found no link or promo for LensFerry. Don't know what to think. But after looking into he option so far we have decided to wait and see.

I realize monthly automatic ship to customer models are more popular than ever. Think, ProActiv, Harry's razors, Blue Apron and so many more.

I should poll my contact lens patients and find out if they want the service.
Polling is so scientific, I am afraid I will taint the results, oh well, I may go informal and get a better a few opinions over the next week or so anyway.

I have. It is another layer of cumbersome admin in the office. It would have to be promoted. I did note that at CooperVision/Lensferry website one of the embedded video interviews was from an Oregon Doc in Canby. So I looked at her web site and found no link or promo for LensFerry. Don't know what to think. But after looking into he option so far we have decided to wait and see.
Unfortunately most software implementations - no matter what they are for - involve some level of overhead. It is up to the developers to try to minimize the burden for users, so I'd love to see what the system looks like in action for a typical office staff member.

In terms of this new lens, how similar is it to fitting the biofinity? Mark indicated in the interview that moving a patient over should probably pretty straightforward given the design similarity.