City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
REGISTER HERE

spear-webinar-july-2020-r1.png

REGISTER HERE

Thu, Jul 23, 2020 8pm ET / 5pm PT

Join our special guest, Dr. Katie Spear, as she discusses how PRECISION1® daily disposable contact lenses have helped her practice welcome patients into contact lenses for the first time and reduce contact lens dropout in patients being refit into new contact lenses.

PRECISION1® contact lenses, with SmartSurface® Technology, are the latest innovation from Alcon. PRECISION1® contact lenses are born from the Water Gradient Technology of DAILIES TOTAL1® but offered at a mainstream price.

They can provide patients with precise vision, dependable comfort, and ease of handling which are the core reasons for contact lens dropout. We hope you can join us to learn how PRECISION1® contact lenses can benefit your patients and your practice!

LIVE Q&A
Dr. Spear will be answering your questions after the lecture, so come on out an ask away!

REGISTER HERE

Hope to see you there

--Adam

Attachments

• spear.PNG
    spear.PNG
    122.4 KB · Views: 117
BTW I've had a chance to look over the content for this talk, I think it centers around the demographics of patients that this lens is meant for, and where it fits vis a vis your current mix of CLs (DT1 on down...)

Should be an interesting discussion, hope people come with questions!

Good lens, and I'm usually an Alcon fan, but the price point and lower rebate was a miss compared to some of their competitors. It could do extremely well with a lower price point and better private practice rebate support.

Good lens, and I'm usually an Alcon fan, but the price point and lower rebate was a miss compared to some of their competitors. It could do extremely well with a lower price point and better private practice rebate support.
I agree. A $150 rebate isn’t much. It’s a good lens, but not that much cheaper than DT1. There is some kind of buy three boxes get one free deal going on now though.

I agree. A $150 rebate isn’t much. It’s a good lens, but not that much cheaper than DT1. There is some kind of buy three boxes get one free deal going on now though.

Yeah, I'd rather have a lower price to provider and higher rebate than that setup.

Yeah, I'd rather have a lower price to provider and higher rebate than that setup.
Really don't know why rebates aren't eliminated and the wholesale cost just lowered. What's the difference to the manufacturers? Sellers could just adjust their prices accordingly and still make the same margin.

Really don't know why rebates aren't eliminated and the wholesale cost just lowered. What's the difference to the manufacturers? Sellers could just adjust their prices accordingly and still make the same margin.
Most eligible rebates go unclaimed. Thats what's in it for the manufacturer's.

Why don't you start a contact lens design, manufacturing, sales and distribution company and get that done?

I say that by way of saying it might not be that easy.

I like the sound of it though.

I think you or I will have to do that if we want that.

Not defending the business decision of Alcon, just wondering out loud.

I like rebates for encouraging annual supplies which increase compliance and healthier wear habits.

Reactions: Diane Robbins-Luce

This. It aggravates the crap out of me when some major vendor supplies us with say $200 rebate coupons but the same vendor is cutting a deal with some large warehouse club where they get their big box customers get the same product for $200 less without processing the damn rebate.

The big vendors are trying to tell us they are doing us a favor, yeah right.

Reactions: Scott Blahnik
Why don't you start a contact lens design, manufacturing, sales and distribution company and get that done?

I say that by way of saying it might not be that easy.

I like the sound of it though.

I think you or I will have to do that if we want that.

Not defending the business decision of Alcon, just wondering out loud.

EyeRis is claiming to do that...

upload_2020-7-17_8-59-28.png

upload_2020-7-17_9-1-2.png

I like rebates for encouraging annual supplies which increase compliance and healthier wear habits.
Likewise. But it seems that the manufacturers have lost or are losing or never had sight of that.

How true it is that our professional prescribing, patient education and patient training are really driving annual sales that leads to improved compliance and healthier wear habits?

I hope it is true. It just seems that with all of the shenanigans that go on are like every other business, money, money, money, money. Money.

More proof, perhaps, that it is not that easy. There are some ambitious, talented, super stars that are behind this effort. Has anyone on ODwire fit them or filled a prescription for them. You notice I didn't say sell boxes. I am trying to use language that supports the medical device prescriptive nature of this wonderful vision correction modality:)

More proof, perhaps, that it is not that easy. There are some ambitious, talented, super stars that are behind this effort. Has anyone on ODwire fit them or filled a prescription for them. You notice I didn't say sell boxes. I am trying to use language that supports the medical device prescriptive nature of this wonderful vision correction modality:)

Yes, it is not that easy. Especially for this dedicated doc and his colleagues that launched right in the middle of a global pandemic.

I have fit a few. Very comfortable, nice optics. Nice selection of parameters in sphere powers. They need a toric to make their design more complete. The sphere is the logical place to start.

They also need to tweak their direct ship program.

Will they sell out to the big guys or PE?

Reactions: Diane Robbins-Luce