Using THIN-TECH Lenses from SmartOD.com to Give Patients a Unique Experience & Boost your Optical

Thanks Joe, I am. Where can I find that? I did not see it on their website or my price list either.

Fred Solidar sent my a book with all their mirror tints. Call Gina and tell her Joe sent you.

This is one of the jobs they did for us.

31165508_1794971830524688_5218993249152718002_n.jpg
Thanks I will call her tomorrow. I have spoken to her before and she is excellent at customer service. Thanks Joe!

Reactions: Joe DiGiorgio O.D.
Hello Dr. DiGiorgio,
THIN-TECH is offered as a package price and you can choose your options within the package. All is priced the same with AR or without, with Mirror or without.
You can certainly order THIN-TECH a la carte for SunRx or dress-wear eyewear. THIN-TECH lens design can be used for higher minus and plus powers with dress wear eyewear. In fact, just the other day we did a digital PAL with powers in the range of -4.00 -11.00 cylinder with +3.00 add in Transitions 7.
With my best regard, Mike
Faive,

Can you define Thin Tech please? How is it different than hi index? What exactly is it?

Faive,

Can you define Thin Tech please? How is it different than hi index? What exactly is it?

Rather than a long technical description here, visit the Radio-VT / Podcast where there is verbal and visual description of the Thin-Tech material.

I'm hoping Mike can also produce some PDF spec sheets, I can upload them to this thread as needed.

Rather than a long technical description here, visit the Radio-VT / Podcast where there is verbal and visual description of the Thin-Tech material.
please simply define what it is please. There are several different labs offering Thin Tech. What is it?

My take from Thin Techs web site is that it's all about the peripheral lenses design. Aspheric for a portion of the periphery and then a notched edge that thins at the bevel. Kind of like the old cataract lenses and its carrier design. Can't be about the material since they make it various indices.

Reactions: Diane Robbins-Luce
Sun glasses in the news. An assist in marketing as reported in AOA's First Look 5/28/18...

Sunglasses Can Protect People’s Eyes From UV Exposure.

In “Health & Science,” the Washington Post (5/25, Adams) reported sunglasses can help protect people’s eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. The article also pointed out that “cataracts, other growths and some cancers are directly related to UV exposure.” The article mentioned that 50% “of white Americans have cataracts in their late 70s,” while “Hispanic Americans and African Americans have somewhat lower prevalences: 45 and 40 percent, respectively, according to the National Eye Institute.”