Visual Fields in the OCT Era - Dr. Graham Lakkis

The other day I had a patient come in with what I thought were obviously two blind eyes. Oh my heavens. I thought about photographing it but it might actually make you a bit ill.

Anyhow, she came in and had a pair of +10 glasses. she could actually see out of the Opaque eye. The other eye was sort of rolled up and out..

Combigan, Xalatan, Azopt...

All she wanted was a new script for the drops.

Now, I have a lot of IOP gadgets, but none that can measure a micro cornea that is opaque.

It looked like she had one of those plastic implants, but alas, it was just her eye. Looked like a tiny blue ring where her cornea should have been. Instead it was about a 5mm white cornea.

I'm not buying a diaton or whatever that gadget is called for one patient.

Anyone else treat a glaucomatous kid..she's like 19...without the benefit of any sort of IOP.

Oh my..why on earth did she pick me?
I told her you were the best.

I've promoted this discussion to the front page of the site & will be talking about it in the newsletter -- it seems to resonate with folks. Thanks for the great talk, Graham!!

Ah, now I remember why haven't been performing 24-2 SITA FAST. At least on my machine (740i), it isn't compatible with GPA. Am I missing something? -Charlie

Ah, now I remember why haven't been performing 24-2 SITA FAST. At least on my machine (740i), it isn't compatible with GPA. Am I missing something? -Charlie

Charlie,

With the HFA series IIi, to use SITA Fast you would have to baseline with SITA Fast (or Full Threshold if you were so inclined!) You can't mix SITA Fas and SITA Standard at all.

With the HFA III software it will be possible to mix and match between all three SITA strategies. Maybe time to upgrade as the Series 3 has much better hardware and better touchscreen in addition to the new software.

This table should give some guidance:
GPA HFA IIi.JPG

Charlie,

With the HFA series IIi, to use SITA Fast you would have to baseline with SITA Fast (or Full Threshold if you were so inclined!) You can't mix SITA Fas and SITA Standard at all.

With the HFA III software it will be possible to mix and match between all three SITA strategies. Maybe time to upgrade as the Series 3 has much better hardware and better touchscreen in addition to the new software.

This table should give some guidance:
View attachment 17606

Ah, excellent. It was indeed a patient with a SITA Fast baseline. Okay then. I'm on board with new patient starting with SITA Fast. Much thanks Graham! -Charlie

Ah, excellent. It was indeed a patient with a SITA Fast baseline. Okay then. I'm on board with new patient starting with SITA Fast. Much thanks Graham! -Charlie

So how are you going to get your staff to check that?