Walmart opens its first-ever medical center and one analyst thinks it's really cool - Yahoo...

Good for them. One can shuffle through all visits all in one day....vision, dental, vet, medical.....and don't forget your groceries.

In the end all will still be "Walmarty". I won't be a patient even if it saves me a buck.

From the comments section:
  • 40147144446_af0faf_o.jpg
    7 hours ago
    Yes, they have 35 examination rooms but only two are open. Feel free to diagnose your self and at any of the self examination rooms.

• 40147141066_fc6972_o.jpg
    7 hours ago
    You know that the medical industry makes too much money when Walmart gets involved.

• 40147149656_1551d1_o.jpg
    7 hours ago
    ooh I can get my cat food and my cat scan in the same place. Talk about savings.

7 hours ago
    Maybe we can get healthcare without insurance now and have it cost less. Pay for insurance you never get to use is a broken system. deductibles, co-pays, etc are killing most families

7 hours ago
    Primary care physicians don't do - dental, counseling and mental health
    So not exactly how that is primary

• 29332391609_1e44be_o.jpg
    7 hours ago
    If their Medical Center operates like their Pharmacy, they will need to open a funeral Home to take care of their deceased patients.

I’m more curious why it is the “coolest doctors office ever”?

I didn’t see from the pictures or anything in the article what the coolness factor was.

I wonder will Walmart eventually have primary care physicians at their health center?

I wonder will Walmart eventually have primary care physicians at their health center?

More than likely they will use telemedicine. Take a photo in the exam room and send it to a doc in Arkansas. Is it legal to practice medicine across state lines?

Comments in AOA's First Look 9/17/19...

Walmart Opens First “Walmart Health” Center In Georgia Offering Optometry And Other Services

Forbes (9/13, Japsen) reported that Walmart opened its first “Walmart Health” center in Dallas, Georgia, which “features an array of primary medical services, dental care, and behavioral health services as part of a new model expected to eventually be replicated in other markets.” The large center is “a first for the world’s largest retailer when it comes to offering primary care, dental, optometry, counseling, laboratory tests, X-rays, hearing, wellness education and behavioral health.”

Comments in AOA's First Look 9/17/19...

Walmart Opens First “Walmart Health” Center In Georgia Offering Optometry And Other Services

Forbes (9/13, Japsen) reported that Walmart opened its first “Walmart Health” center in Dallas, Georgia, which “features an array of primary medical services, dental care, and behavioral health services as part of a new model expected to eventually be replicated in other markets.” The large center is “a first for the world’s largest retailer when it comes to offering primary care, dental, optometry, counseling, laboratory tests, X-rays, hearing, wellness education and behavioral health.”
Does that mean ODs are WM can readily order lab tests right then and there? That'd be nice.

To be fair, no one knows the exact time frame or how many stores will be involved. The vision centers are in the process of receiving new doctor contracts that allow for EHR, Optos, OCT, and telemedicine.

We shall see.....

Reactions: Frederick Frost
To be fair, no one knows the exact time frame or how many stores will be involved. The vision centers are in the process of receiving new doctor contracts that allow for EHR, Optos, OCT, and telemedicine.

We shall see.....
Why telemedicine at vision center?

because the faker the care, the less money it costs

Even though you believe that the daily work I do is fake care...we both agree that telemedicine is cheaper and faker.

On Monday I had 4 kids with over 5 D of cyl, 2 Diabetics with A1C's over 12 and PDR, a single mom of two kids with MD (and a newborn) with central serous, a true disc edema and a Tel. Mac 2 (I think) and Priority Partners just eliminated medical eye care (so their patients get one exam a year and no medical care).

Now when I fight the good fight and perform proper care I get to send them to their PCP.

Crazy times...but the rules I do not make.

Reactions: Jonathan Warner

We shall see.....

Without violating non-disclosure if you could upload this section on telemedicine I would be very interested to see how it reads. Thanks Jeff.

Fred

On Monday I had 4 kids with over 5 D of cyl, 2 Diabetics with A1C's over 12 and PDR, a single mom of two kids with MD (and a newborn) with central serous, a true disc edema and a Tel. Mac 2 (I think)

the more ODs agree to see pts like that under the guise of "routine care" the WORSE it will fing get for everyone. Literally. It is shit like that that has CREATED this problem in the first place. You are part of the problem.

the more ODs agree to see pts like that under the guise of "routine care" the WORSE it will fing get for everyone. Literally. It is shit like that that has CREATED this problem in the first place. You are part of the problem.

Before Monday...I billed those exams medically for maximum amounts. The 99213 and photos pays $128.28.

Now I have some decisions to make....of no fault of my own.

Do they want a two tier eye exam? Cheaper fee-see a teledoc. More expensive fee, see a live optometrist?