Thomas Meade

Nov 16, 2008
School/Org
Ohio State
City
Tiffin
State
OH
I got a call from Web MD, and based on my good reviews, they want to do an interview to see if I’m a good fit for being recommended on there website. Sounds fishy. Anyone hear anything about this? Thanks

I got a call from Web MD, and based on my good reviews, they want to do an interview to see if I’m a good fit for being recommended on there website. Sounds fishy. Anyone hear anything about this? Thanks
It's a hard-sell pitch to pay for a "premium" listing.
Almost like an Amway salesman, they refuse to say what they're selling until the end.

Be careful, they'll bully your staff into giving up your cell number.
It must really be commission driven.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas Meade
It's a hard-sell pitch to pay for a "premium" listing.
Almost like an Amway salesman, they refuse to say what they're selling until the end.
Marquis Who's Who has similar programs and procedures targetted to retired professionals.

Reactions: Thomas Meade
Same as the local publication that tells me I've been selected to be their feature Doctor in their next edition of "The best eye doc in town" ........only $1,000 for the ad that takes up half a page at the end of their page and a half 'article' featuring me....and a nice picture of me too. For an extra $1,500 dollars I can be the guy on the cover of about 12 copies of their magazine I get that I can leave laying around in Office or give to a few people. For an extra $1,500 on top of all the rest, I can be on the cover of every copy they mail out that month to everyone on their mailing list.
For that I could get my own billboard instead I guess....if the local ambulance chaser hasn't got first dibs on the billboard

Block their number, its a sales pitch. ;)

IMG_9705.gif

It's sad that WebMd stoops so low.
During the Pandemic I got a call from Houstonia Magazine. They said I was "voted top doc in Houston". I immediately asked..are you selling me an ad in your magazine? BTW a real magazine at Grocery Store check outs.
Nope.
Out of hundreds of these calls this was the only real one I've ever gotten.
I wish I had advertised. It was just me and Bridgette Shin Lee as best O.D.s
About six months later I found a flier where they offered to sell me a plaque...$89..I bought two.

Am I being suckered in for $89? Maybe, but it looks great on the wall.

Later the Top Doc idiots called...with the $1500 pitch. I said..nope. Put me in or don't...not getting $1500. Well, how about silver..maybe you can go for the aluminum foil level..NOPE..
Put me in or don't..I am not buying what you are selling.

Got a plaque?
Well, yes...$189.
Great, I'll take two!

LOL

By posting on the the ODwire.org General topics it is picked up by the internet for public distribution. Your name is now making the rounds on the Internet at no cost to you.

And you are not even an ODwire.org supporting member.;)

Sometimes I wonder about you?
No make that often..
Here they are...up and down. Can you fuse them?

View attachment 40220
I once visited the office of Stuart Grant, OD, one of the inventors of Ortho-K. In his Los Angeles office, he had taken photocopies of all of the awards and certificates he had ever gotten, and papered the walls and ceiling of the hall with them. There must have been several hundred. He thought it was a great joke. I have heard other docs refer to plaques and certificates as "eyewash". All I ever displayed was my OD degree and my state license.