Resource icon

Albany County, NY practice for sale

Greetings gang,

I have a client who started a practice in Albany County, NY at the end of 2012 who has hit a crossroads in her life, and is motivated to sell her practice.

She would like to keep this confidential at this time, thus the reason for not stating the exact location, but it is located West of Albany, NY.

It’s a unique situation as it’s hard to consider this an ‘established’ practice quite yet, but I wouldn’t quite consider it a ‘start-up’ practice at this stage either.

I personally feel it would be the perfect situation for someone who is considering starting a practice ‘cold’, but doesn’t what all of the work that goes into starting a practice cold. In other words, the hard work has already been done for you.

This practice would also be ideal for an existing OD in or nearby the county to purchase this as a satellite practice.

Either way, here’s ‘the scoop’:

Demographics:

population in 2014: 35,310

population growth since 2000 +8%

average travel time to work: 15-29 min (2010)

portion of pop. that's white collar: 66%

education/health employment industry 25% of pop

education level--associates degree or higher 58.9%

15,505 households

42.65% are households with children under 18

57.35% are households with married couples

average family size is 3 people

population breakdown:

<18 24%

18-24 6%

25-44 30.9%

45-64 25.9%

>65 13.2%

median age is 39.7

39% of population are long-term residents that have been in their current home for >5yrs

crime index is 8 vs. national average of 100

there is potential (as of 3/14) for 160 newly constructed single family units to be built in the near future (we are located near 2 large developments being built)

public school enrollment in 2012==4925 students

median household income $80,310

mean household income $94,647

consumer spending is above the national average (100) in every area (perpoint2homes.com)

personal care 122

health care 119

total consumer spending 122

according to the real estate agent's data this location has about 25,000 cars passing by daily

My office has gotten a multitude of compliments regarding the warmth and boutique appearance. It's very clean. The dispensary is in the front as patients walk through the door with a wall of frames to the right and a seating area to the left. The reception desk is ahead to the left. As you start down the hallway, the first room to the right is the "lab". There IS a designated outlet for an edger in the future. The next room on the left is the "business office". Directly across from that is the pretest room. Next on the left are two mirror image exam lanes...one is fully equipped.

Across the hall from the exam rooms is an open area utilized for contact lens insertion and removal. Next on the right is a second office. Across from that is a small breakroom with an eating bar with stools, a microwave, Keurig coffee maker and refrigerator. Finally, on the left is the rest room and on the right is a large storage room.

The total office is about 1750 sq ft. Rent is $10/sq ft, thus $1750 per month + CAM charges. This year our monthly bill has been $2598.75 +$100 per month from last year's CAM. We have been open 20.5 months at this point. Our anniversary is 11/1/2012. We currently see patients M-Th (M&Th 8:30-6, T&W 8:30-5). I am here on Fridays, but it's just me so I mostly do paperwork, dispenses and occasionally an exam or CL check. We are seeing, on average, 70-72 patients per month. We examined 78 in 2012, 782 in 2013, and to date (7/15/2014) 544 (so projected to see 1088 in 2014).

As far as equipment goes... autorefractor/autokeratometer/topographer with computer, Humphrey VF 750, Topcon lane, Topcon SL-D2 (with addition of DC-3, digital anterior segment photos can be taken), Topcon Visichart, Keeler All-Pupil II BIO, Tonopen, Pachymeter with printer, foreign body removal kit, Shin-Nippon slit lamp and Propper BIO, loads of trial CLs, cabinets and counters galore, ultrasonic cleaner, hot air warmer, PAL ID magnifying light, auto-lensometer, manual lensometer, Canon CR-1 Mark II Digital Retinal Non-Mydriatic camera with computer, Topcon KR-8000PA. Currently about 675 frames (includes suns, women's, men's children's) and Davis Vision tower.

If interested (or know of anyone who might be interested), please contact:

Tom Bowman
PracticeMentors@Gmail.com
(623) 271-9523
ODPracticeMentors.com

By the way, I am helping her list this as a close friend and colleague, and no commissions or finders fees will be involved in this transaction.
Author
Tom Bowman
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this resource