Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that due to popular demand, CEwire2020 will be coming back LIVE two more times -- May 30 & 31, and June 27 & 28.

The course lineup will remain the same at both events, so you can take courses you might have missed during prior live showings.

IE, we're trying to keep the same courses competing against each other on the schedule every time, so if you take one at one live event, you can take the one opposed to it at the next, etc..

We hope this helps as many people as possible get the live CE credits they need before ARBO's temporary rule-bending ends at the end of June.

Thanks!
Adam

Reactions: Diane Robbins-Luce
For those signing up for the first time, you can get up to 32 Live credit hours over the 4 weekend days, if you can sit in front of your computer for 8 continuous hours each day.

No need for exams just the ability to sit. There is no word in English for this.

We must go to the German lexicon ...Das Sitzfleisch;)

And note that as of right now, ARBO's temporary rule change will revert on June 30, so this will probably be "last licks" to get this number of "live" in-person CE credits online.

And note that as of right now, ARBO's temporary rule change will revert on June 30, so this will probably be "last licks" to get this number of "live" in-person CE credits online.

FYI...

For the many new ODwire.org sign ups the past few months, When the old order is restored by the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry(ARBO) - July 1st onward - , CEWire will require a 10 question multiple choice quiz with a passing grade of 70%.

For those taking "on demand" courses though October1,2020, the quiz is still required to get state board credit.

A final bit of information for those unaware...

Students, Paraprofessionals and retired ODs, who do not require CE credits, there is special sign up line where you can register at no charge. Take as many courses as you wish and visit the Exhibit Hall open 24/7 through October 1,2020.

The least we can do to assist ODs during this challenging time.:)

For those signing up for the first time, you can get up to 32 Live credit hours over the 4 weekend days, if you can sit in front of your computer for 8 continuous hours each day.

No need for exams just the ability to sit. There is no word to in English for this.

Some OMDs May coin an old Indian Sitting Bull. But it certainly is NOT

if you can sit in front of your computer for 8 continuous hours each day.
Luckily I only need 16, I got 2 with passing quizzes so far. Man those quizzes are tough. Like being a student. I have three pages of notes for a one hour lecture because I know the quiz would be tough. Good standards.

Reactions: Steve Silberberg
Luckily I only need 16, I got 2 with passing quizzes so far. Man those quizzes are tough. Like being a student. I have three pages of notes for a one hour lecture because I know the quiz would be tough. Good standards.
Far better than live live where your iPhone and newspaper take up your time.

Looking forward to seeing you there -- hoping we can get more Oregon folks involved this year! (It is always fun to see people from around here attend the event)

Just in case anyone was wondering, if you've already registered (and lots of people registered way back in November for this year's conference!) you just use the same login you got way back when for all the live and on demand events.

The system will send everyone a login reminder just before the May 30 event, as usual!

We've passed something of a milestone this week, 4,100 ODs have signed on for this year's event, which (as far as I can tell) makes CEwire2020 not just far and away the largest virtual conference ever held, but the largest OD-specific conference period -- in person or online. I don't know of any others that have drawn as many optometrists in one place.

I've definitely got mixed feelings about it...

For those who are taking above comments seriously, the courses are doctorate level and challenging. Everyone taking a course ultimately passes the quiz. The advantage of having courses on demand allows returning to the course to clear up any questions that could not be answered on the quiz the first time around.

In my opinion, the high quality of the material and presentation honors the attendees. It makes on line C/E not only equal to, but in many cases superior to Brick and Mortar courses with no exam and merely attendance.

In any event no quizzes in May and June for live courses.

Looking forward to seeing you there -- hoping we can get more Oregon folks involved this year! (It is always fun to see people from around here attend the event)

Just in case anyone was wondering, if you've already registered (and lots of people registered way back in November for this year's conference!) you just use the same login you got way back when for all the live and on demand events.

The system will send everyone a login reminder just before the May 30 event, as usual!

We've passed something of a milestone this week, 4,100 ODs have signed on for this year's event, which (as far as I can tell) makes CEwire2020 not just far and away the largest virtual conference ever held, but the largest OD-specific conference period -- in person or online. I don't know of any others that have drawn as many optometrists in one place.

I've definitely got mixed feelings about it...

What mixed feelings?

What mixed feelings?
Mixed in that I’m totally stoked that we’ve been able to help thousands of ODs get the CE they need inexpensively during this time... And we always wanted the conference to grow (and an internal goal was to make it larger than Vision Expo), but the fact that we achieved it due to the world coming to an end doesn’t fill me with joy....

Is it possible to add a CPR course.
Is that a TX requirement?

It is funny, we are now getting requests for a lot of state-specific courses — domestic abuse, ethics, etc...
We meet the opioid requirement in a number of states with Casella and Pizzimenti’s talks.

I’d be curious if people would chime in with other state-specific course requirements, it is something we can consider adding.

Thanks
Ad

Is it possible to add a CPR course.
Please be specific what is required? CPR as I recall when I took it, was a hands on course using a dummy to work on.

Can you actually learn CPR just watching a presentation?

Is that a TX requirement?

It is funny, we are now getting requests for a lot of state-specific courses — domestic abuse, ethics, etc...
We meet the opioid requirement in a number of states with Casella and Pizzimenti’s talks.

I’d be curious if people would chime in with other state-specific course requirements, it is something we can consider adding.

Thanks
Ad
As Adam and Paul state anything "state-specific" let us know. WE try to accommodate as we did with Narcotics. One state requires a course on "Trafficking" ...................It is hard to add new courses to the May/June time frame because we also have to get them approved for on-demand and the School we use is essentially closed. Also, ARBO requires two COPE number approval. It would be logistically very hard to add. HOWEVER PLEASE SHOUT OUT on any courses you want or need and we'll accommodate in the near future

Please be specific what is required? CPR as I recall when I took it, was a hands on course using a dummy to work on.

Can you actually learn CPR just watching a presentation?

As described on the Texas Board website:
CPR Course Tracking
The license renewal procedure for 2021 license renewal will contain a check box asking if the licensee has completed a recognized CPR course during the past two years. Licensees may receive two hours live D/T credit for live participation in CPR courses. The most common recommendation for health care professionals is the Basic Life Support CPR course. Once that is obtained, a doctor can complete the Advanced Cardiac Life Support course. A Heartsaver First Aid & CPR course is available for those outside of the health care professions. The Board staff takes this course on a regular basis, in part to be familiar with the operation of the AED in the Board’s office.

I'm not sure if hands on is required but will inquire.

As described on the Texas Board website:
CPR Course Tracking
The license renewal procedure for 2021 license renewal will contain a check box asking if the licensee has completed a recognized CPR course during the past two years. Licensees may receive two hours live D/T credit for live participation in CPR courses. The most common recommendation for health care professionals is the Basic Life Support CPR course. Once that is obtained, a doctor can complete the Advanced Cardiac Life Support course. A Heartsaver First Aid & CPR course is available for those outside of the health care professions. The Board staff takes this course on a regular basis, in part to be familiar with the operation of the AED in the Board’s office.

I'm not sure if hands on is required but will inquire.

The one thing that in person brick and mortar is superior to on line are wet labs. Doing CPR involves hand on. Learning to drive is best done in an automobile with an instructor in the car.

So as we're prepping for the upcoming May show, I want to remind everyone that the idea is that we're going to have the same (or nearly the same) courses at the May/June events, running at about the same time.

So you can take one in May, and the class running against it in June, to maximize your credits.

Again, there will be NO TESTING REQUIRED when you watch the live lectures. This is due to the temporary ARBO rule change expiring in June, we are following their guidance.

Once June is done, the system reverts to the way it has always been. The lectures will remain on demand through October 1st for you to peruse!

thanks
Adam

A reminder for those nearly 4500 ODs who are already registered, there is no additional charge for the May and June live shows. You should be able to fulfill all your C/E credits for the year with no quiz. The on demand courses through 10/1/20 require a quiz with a passing grade of 70%.

For the California OD waiting for a State Board ruling...

You should be able to receive State Board credit for may and June shows as it you were taking courses live on site.

For complete details visit...
https://www.odwire.org/community/threads/california-optometry-state-board-meeting.132713/

For those unsure about what is happening in your state, communicate directly with state board board. Because of the AOA cancelling the annual meeting and offering on line courses, your state board may have modified their rule for on line optometric education.

Reactions: Natasha Rajpoot

No need for exams just the ability to sit. There is no word in English for this.

I am new

Hi Natash and Welcome.

CEwire2020 is not set up to automatically offer continuing education credits for your Pakistan licensing requirements. We can send you a certificate of attendance for each participating course.

If you are taking the courses for purely educational purposes not for credit, I suggest you sign up under the students line where there is no charge for attending courses or the Exhibit Hall. In that case you are considered an auditor.

Auditors at Universities attend and listen but do not interact with the educator. Please just listen and learn.

Hi Natash and Welcome.

CEwire2020 is not set up to automatically offer continuing education credits for your Pakistan licensing requirements. We can send you a certificate of attendance for each participating course.

If you are taking the courses for purely educational purposes not for credit, I suggest you sign up under the students line where there is no charge for attending courses or the Exhibit Hall. In that case you are considered an auditor.

Auditors at Universities attend and listen but do not interact with the educator. Please just listen and learn.
If Pakistan does recognize USA credentialing agency COPE than you can signup for credit for $159

Unfortunately, here in Indiana the live courses don't count above our max 8 hours of online CE for this two years that started last month. Hopefully others have more hours to count.

Unfortunately, here in Indiana the live courses don't count above our max 8 hours of online CE for this two years that started last month. Hopefully others have more hours to count.

Keep checking with your state board/. Once more round of live meeting cancellations in the fall, might give them a wake up call.

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that due to popular demand, CEwire2020 will be coming back LIVE two more times -- May 30 & 31, and June 27 & 28.

The course lineup will remain the same at both events, so you can take courses you might have missed during prior live showings.

IE, we're trying to keep the same courses competing against each other on the schedule every time, so if you take one at one live event, you can take the one opposed to it at the next, etc..

We hope this helps as many people as possible get the live CE credits they need before ARBO's temporary rule-bending ends at the end of June.

Thanks!
Adam

I registered for the event that it to take place this coming weekend. How do we register for each course individually that we want to attend LIVE in classroom to get the CE credit? Do they already have the OE tracker and is it automatically uploaded to ARBO? Thank you.

I registered for the event that it to take place this coming weekend. How do we register for each course individually that we want to attend LIVE in classroom to get the CE credit? Do they already have the OE tracker and is it automatically uploaded to ARBO? Thank you.

You sign up for the whole conference and have your choice courses on 4 tracks. Just enter a little early to choose.

Here is a schedule to help you inadvance...https://www.cewire2020.com/images/cewire2020-schedule-may-r8-latest.pdf

In addition the LIVE event will take place the weekend of June 30th also with NO ADDITIONAL FEE. When you put your ARBO/COPE number in for the first course you take LIVE(no quiz) the software will remember it for all others. We submit to ARBO for you but you can also print out your complete transcript or do it piecemeal for each course as a backup..Enjoy and hope that helps all your questions

Editor's note: Be certain your ARBO/COPE number is accurate with no typo.

Does this mean the May 30 event is not live and will require we take a test to get CE credit?
The may and June event are both LIVE and if you sign up for May,June is free. NO TEST for the LIVE dates. NO TEST either one

Reactions: Steve Shum
Does this mean the May 30 event is not live and will require we take a test to get CE credit?
To be 100% clear...

If you can manage sitting 8 hours per day on 5/30/20 and 5/31/20 plus 8 hours per day on 6/27/20 and 6/28/20 you will achieve a total of 32 live credit hours. More than enough for most state board requirement for live education.

This is one stop shopping for2020 CE needs for relicensing. Your alternate choices are individual hourly Webinars and a few individual on line course possibilities, some at no charged while others for up to $20 per credit hour.

Plenty of choices but in my opinion CEwire2020 after 6 years of experience with on line COPE/ARBO approved C/E is seamless with minimum participant hassle.

This could be the final opportunity to take on line live COPE approved courses for ARBO credit without the need for a quiz. So those who hate quizzes this could be your final shot.

Hi Natash and Welcome.

CEwire2020 is not set up to automatically offer continuing education credits for your Pakistan licensing requirements.

If you are taking the courses for purely educational purposes not for credit, I suggest you sign up under the students line, where there is no charge for attending courses or the Exhibit Hall. In that case you are considered an auditor.

Ok but i also want certificate of participation

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok but i also want certificate of participation

Hi Natasha,

We are unfamiliar with Pakistan optometry requirements. Why the need for certificate of participation?

CEwire2020 auditors and optometry students are not recognized as active participants. Interacting on CEwire, receiving ARBO credits and recognition requires signing up for courses requiring a fee.

I hope you are enjoying the auditing at no charge..

Stay safe and well.

Paul

Reactions: Natasha Rajpoot
ARBO’s rule change was just extended until the end of 2020. So will CEWire be avilable during the last quarter of this year?

I have my hours for Ohio through September 2020, but our cycle restarts October 1st. Usually, I attend EastWest each October but it has been cancelled for 2020.

Therefore, I would be interested in CEWire should it be available “live” in Q4 2020. Probably lots of others will be in a similar situation.

Reactions: Diane Robbins-Luce
ARBO’s rule change was just extended until the end of 2020. So will CEWire be avilable during the last quarter of this year?

I have my hours for Ohio through September 2020, but our cycle restarts October 1st. Usually, I attend EastWest each October but it has been cancelled for 2020.

Therefore, I would be interested in CEWire should it be available “live” in Q4 2020. Probably lots of others will be in a similar situation.
A meeting is necessary to put our CEwire2020 ducks in a row.

Provided out presenters are in agreement to be in attendance for CEwire2020Live we shall have enough live interactive hours to offer al 64 courses for CE live credit for the last quarter of the year.