Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
besi-mastrota-1120.jpg

Thanks to Katherine & everyone who attended tonight's show!

I'll do my best to dig up more information on pseudomonas, as I think it would be helpful to discuss the mechanisms by which the bacteria does its thing.

Thanks to Katherine & everyone who attended tonight's show!

I'll do my best to dig up more information on pseudomonas, as I think it would be helpful to discuss the mechanisms by which the bacteria does its thing.

Is this recorded Webinar available to be watched?

Thanks.

Is this recorded Webinar available to be watched?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, due to FDA requirements, we are unable to rebroadcast this particular show.

I'll keep you in the loop for new live presentations on this topic

thx
ad

Unfortunately, due to FDA requirements, we are unable to rebroadcast this particular show.

I'll keep you in the loop for new live presentations on this topic

thx
ad
Just curious: what FDA requirement would prevent you from rebroadcasting a CE meeting?

Just curious: what FDA requirement would prevent you from rebroadcasting a CE meeting?

Glad you asked. When we do a show for a company like B&L, their lawyers vet every single piece of material before we can even market the show. In fact, i've even been told that I've had to change stuff like the colors I use in the graphics when marketing the event... the amount of minutia is mind-numbing. It can take up to 2 months to even get a show's material 'approved'.

Typically when we seek this legal clearance, it is for live events ONLY -- recorded events ar apparently subject to an entirely different level of scrutiny. So this is why the pharmacos are adamant about us not rebroadcasting a drug lecture.

In the future, I can try to seek approval for rebroadcast, but just know htat the sponsoring company may be unwilling to jump through those kinds of hoops.

(devices, CLs, and software typically don't have this kind of scrutiny, for whatever reason..)

ad

Reactions: Agustin Gonzalez
Glad you asked. When we do a show for a company like B&L, their lawyers vet every single piece of material before we can even market the show. In fact, i've even been told that I've had to change stuff like the colors I use in the graphics when marketing the event... the amount of minutia is mind-numbing. It can take up to 2 months to even get a show's material 'approved'.

Typically when we seek this legal clearance, it is for live events ONLY -- recorded events ar apparently subject to an entirely different level of scrutiny. So this is why the pharmacos are adamant about us not rebroadcasting a drug lecture.

In the future, I can try to seek approval for rebroadcast, but just know htat the sponsoring company may be unwilling to jump through those kinds of hoops.

(devices, CLs, and software typically don't have this kind of scrutiny, for whatever reason..)

ad
So is that about B&L and their lawyers or the FDA? I'm a little confused.

ad
Just more insanity from the our healthcare system. It seems commonsensical that if a broadcast meets approval once, it should be OK to rebroadcast again.

But what do i know? I'm just the guy trying to learn something.

So is that about B&L and their lawyers or the FDA? I'm a little confused.

A little bit from column A, a little bit from column B....

You have to understand that the FDA has cracked down on pharmaceutical marketing practices, and have a whole laundry-list of things you can't do. It is long, complicated, and in many cases subjective.

So pharmaceutical companies like B&L have entire departments full of lawyers and other staffers that handle "compliance".

Each company has their own system for submitting marketing materials for "approval". B&L's happens to be called "zinc", it is a web-based thing.

When you submit a piece of material -- like our webinar picture at the top of this thread -- it gets entered into a queue to be reviewed by their lawyers. It can sit for days or weeks depending on their workload.

They are conservative to an extreme that I don't think most people recognize; as I mentioned, I've had graphics denied because they didn't like my verbiage, color choices, capitalization, or use of a bold font emphasizing a word.

How this translates into better patient care.... you'd have to take that up with the FDA, i'm just following the rules!