University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
REGISTER HERE ($99)​

steinberg-pe-1200-r1.png

REGISTER HERE ($99)
(ODwire.org Supporting Members receive a $20 discount off registration - visit this thread for the code.)

By now almost every private practice optometrist has heard about private equity purchasing practices, and many are wondering whether they should be considering selling their practice to a private equity company.

But almost none really know what private equity is or what selling their practice to private equity actually entails, much less how to ensure that they will maximize their value if they do sell to private equity.

Having represented many doctors selling to different private equity buyers, Dr. Steinberg, one of optometry’s leading legal experts, will give you unbiased first-hand and immediately-actionable information in this comprehensive talk about selling a practice to private equity.

• Learn what you need to do long BEFORE you talk with a private equity company.
  • Learn how to estimate what you’ll be paid, how much you’ll actually end up with at the end, and how to ensure you get the best deal.

• Discover how selling to private equity differs from selling to another optometrist.
  • ... And learn the Good, Bad, and Ugly parts of private equity transactions.
This Webinar is the most comprehensive unbiased discussion on Private Equity transactions available in optometry.

The Webinar will include the latest information available to Dr. Steinberg about how PE Sales are being impacted by COVID-19.

REGISTER HERE

Attachments

• stein.PNG
    stein.PNG
    183.1 KB · Views: 127
Looking forward to this webinar with Craig on Sunday, it promises to be rather unique -- Craig has represented many ODs selling to PE, and he's going to divulge some of his greatest hints and tips for people looking to sell.

He's also going to keep us up-to-date with how PE has changed since COVID-19 in terms of the acquisitions they are doing, and how valuations may be altered as the market evolves.

Hope to see folks there!

-- ad

Don't forget -- live Q & A during the Webinar. Get yourself a glass of wine, or two, and settle in because there's a lot out there nobody knows, often even AFTER they have sold to PE. I have no doubt that about now there are a lot of ODs that sold to PE finding out that they aren't going to get as much money as they thought they would for their practice. I'll explain why, so you'll be prepared if YOU find yourself negotiating with PE down the road.

Don't forget -- live Q & A during the Webinar. Get yourself a glass of wine, or two, and settle in because there's a lot out there nobody knows, often even AFTER they have sold to PE. I have no doubt that about now there are a lot of ODs that sold to PE finding out that they aren't going to get as much money as they thought they would for their practice. I'll explain why, so you'll be prepared if YOU find yourself negotiating with PE down the road.

Craig,

Will we be able to access this webinar again in the future to review all of your advice, or is this just a one shot deal on Sunday?

Craig,

Will we be able to access this webinar again in the future to review all of your advice, or is this just a one shot deal on Sunday?
Yes. We plan to make it available to view. You’ll lose the benefit of being able to ask questions at the time — but you can still email me with questions. Note that MY talk takes 2.5 hours, because there’s a lot there to cover (this is what makes this Webinar different — no glossing over the details), so expect 3+ hours with questions.

Thanks to Craig for a fantastic show, by far the most comprehensive talk about PE i've heard yet.

The video is now available on demand, for those who wish to watch.

My big takeaways are that if you are even considering PE in the future (like 12-18 months out), the time is NOW to clean up your books & follow Craig's advice in order to put your best foot forward.

My other big takeaway was that in the post-COVID world, it is highly likely that PE will start to chase smaller practices (ie, under $1MM gross). So practices that heretofore weren't candidates, suddenly might be...

-- ad

Is there a way to log back in to listen to webinar on demand? I purchased and started listening last night and can't figure out how to get it back playing.

Is there a way to log back in to listen to webinar on demand? I purchased and started listening last night and can't figure out how to get it back playing.
Hi Aaron the system should have sent you a link via e-mail, i'll resend to you right now.

thanks
adam