In this ODwire.org Radio Show, we interview Dr. Faive Kovalis, the founder of SmartOD.com.
The company provides an online site for eye care professionals to directly order frames and lenses WITHOUT the need for sales rep visits or ‘boots on the ground’. This removes a great deal of cost.
Using Zappos as a model, docs can go to the SmartOD.com web site, order product that they want to evaluate, and return any product they don’t want in a pre-paid box.
We get into:
- The history of SmartOD — Why it was founded
- How the SmartOD business model keeps costs low and improves profit margins for docs on frames and lenses
- How Dr. Kovalis and SmartOD have incorporated feedback from ODwire.org members as the company has evolved
- How the “force of habit” in purchasing is preventing docs from saving money in their opticals
- Updates on the latest frame lines that they now carry
- How docs can get started with SmartOD.
If you have any questions for Dr. Kovalis, please post them here!